Heshima Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 for Company Driver NGO, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Heshima Kenya Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Heshima Kenya Job Vacancy 2018
Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee minors, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs.
Heshima Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee minors, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs. The organization seeks to engage the services of a driver who will play a key role in ensuring that all matters appertaining logistics are done effectively and efficiently, and that any required official and approved movement is well captured and executed in a timely fashion.
Responsibilities for the Company Driver Job
- Maintain all safety and security measures to all vehicles; Check level of motor oil, water, tyre pressure, battery water and brakes to ensure that all are in working order on a daily basis. Ensure that there is a spare tyre, jack and other necessary tools; fire extinguisher and first aid kits
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and regularly serviced as per schedules
- Provide safe and timely transport services to staff and participants as assigned
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle insurance policy is valid and observe proper procedure for insurance claims are followed in the event of an accident
- Ensure that HK vehicles comply with G.o.K and County Government transport regulations.
- Complete the logbook for every day trips or specific trip and complete the fuel log sheet for any fuel purchases
- In consultation with the Administration Manager, coordinate vehicle allocation to staff.
- Provide monthly and quarterly usage report of vehicle including total mileage and fuel consumption
- Ensure that all vehicle trips are authorized in advance by the Administration Manager.
- Ensure that vehicle keys and documents are kept in a secure place when the vehicle is not in use.
- Ensure proper vehicle handover while proceeding on leave or off duty
- Comply with all relevant Heshima Kenya policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security and other relevant policies.
- Responsible for Heshima Kenya staff and beneficiaries security in the vehicle by using the most convenient, safe and reliable routes/roads.
- Timely reporting to the Administration Manager of incidences or accidents that involve Heshima Kenya assigned vehicle in your use
- Assist the administration office in dispatching and collecting of mails from the post office and running any other official errand as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Company Driver Job Qualifications:
- Have attained O levels [KCSE]
- A valid Kenya driving license class BCE
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Firs Aid training will be an added advantage
- Advanced defensive driving training is an added advantage
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Able to maintain confidentiality agreement
- Previous driving & working experience in the NGO sector is an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal skills; can work independently and with teams
- Good understanding of Nairobi and the environs
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen and present his/her national identification card, NSSF and NHIF registration and KRA PIN certificate upon request
How to Apply
Your application should be send to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Friday 19th October 2018. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and given your sir name) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Ps: Please note that Heshima Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be sent through the email provided.
Heshima Kenya/ RefuSHE
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: