Help a Child Recruitment 2018 for Program Coordinator, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Help a Child Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Help a Child Recruitment 2018
Help a Child (HaC) is a Christian international NGO specialized in community development with its headquarters in the Netherlands and operating in Kenya since 2009 as Help a Child Africa (HACA). Founded in 1968, HaC’s mission is to improve the well-being of children living in poverty and crisis through supportive communities. Principal sources of income are child & family sponsorship, foundations and institutional donors. HaC’s strategy is to empower marginalized children, youth, parents and the broader community and other stakeholders, mainly through a Self Help Group approach. Main interventions are focused at early childhood development, education, (agricultural) vocational training and economic development, with special attention for the position of girls and women, and children’s rights.
Location: Gwassi, Homa Bay County
Reporting to: Agribusiness Senior Program Manager
Closing Date: 21st June, 2018 COB
The Program Coordinator will support the achievement of the program’s agricultural production, agro-industry and marketing objectives, principally through leading the program’s capacity building strategy with program partners and beneficiaries in these areas; overseeing efforts that lead to increased and improved linkages between small farmers, civil society organizations, government and the private sector; and managing the monitoring and evaluation component. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for the entire program coordination at Gwassi level and supervision of the SMEs integrated in HACA programs. The Program Coordinator will provide the requisite HACA representation at Gwassi level in addition to the day to day coordination of the partnership. S/he will also be responsible for the convening of the quarterly Multi Stakeholder Platform and the Gwassi level Program Steering Committee.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Program management and coordination
- Develop and oversee the implementation of annual program plans and budgets in close cooperation with targeted SME’s
- Improve/develop the capacity of SME’s/farmers’ associations to identify sustainable agro-based economic opportunities and implement a demand-driven, commercialization approach based on access to markets
- Develop or facilitate training modules for partners related to the key decision making tools to provide technical capacity to SMEs to improve their understanding of business-related concepts
- Responsible for Program Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (PMEL) system to measure profitability and relevant business indicators of targeted SMEs and households. Subsequently oversee program’s PMEL system in liaison with the PMEL Officer, ensuring the provision of quality data on a timely basis for internal project management and external reporting purposes
- Provide technical support in the establishment of a marketing database to keep farmers, their organizations and SMEs informed of the prevailing market prices of various agro-industrial products and commodities that GICEP focuses on
- Provide targeted technical assistance to projects through field visits and other methods to foster continuous improvement in quality, programmatic and financial performance
- Engage in lobby and advocacy initiatives to inform practice and influence policy
- Strengthen partnership & collaboration linkages with key Stakeholders at Gwassi & County Levels
- Responsible for the Multi Stakeholder Platform/Program Steering Team at Gwassi level to strengthen linkages between civil society organizations, government representatives and the private sector
- Maintain working relations with relevant government line ministries and private sector/research institutions to coordinate the adoption of new products and/or approaches in agriculture development and marketing
- Prepare quality and timely project progress reports as per donor requirements
- Degree in a relevant field (advanced degree added advantage): Degree in agricultural economics, marketing or business administration, or related field
- Over 5 years’ experience in agro-business development, preferably in agribusiness planning and analysis
- Demonstrated capacity to work with private sector players (financial institutions, exporters, buyers, traders, transporters, input suppliers or processors)
- Familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning
- Experience in: community-based programming, small to medium scale agro-enterprise management, externally funded development programs, market-oriented projects and dealing with local interlocutors (local NGOs, government ministries)
- Good verbal and communication skills and fluency in English
How to Apply
We are looking to recruit national candidates only. Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter (1 page) and resume (2 pages) as one pdf document with the subject: GICEP Program Coordinator no later than 21st June, 2018 COB to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please reflect on your motivation for wanting to become part of Help a Child, being a child centred and Christian organization. An (e-) assessment will be part of the selection process. If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process or the position, you can send those to [email protected].
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: