Heifer International Job Vacancy For Driver, Application Details
Heifer International does so much more than put food in the mouths of hungry people. Heifer helps people feed themselves. The goal of every Heifer project is sustainability – project partners achieving self-reliance And year after year, as partner families Pass on the Gift of knowledge and one or more of their animals’ offspring to others in need, they become links in a network of hope, dignity and self-reliance that helps hundreds of others care for themselves
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Driver will maintain Heifer vehicles by ensuring they stay clean and receive regular scheduled maintenance. S/he will be responsible for receiving international visitors, driving staff or guests to project sites, and running office errands. This position, in conjunction with administrative staff, will be responsible for ensuring that all required permits and insurance are kept current by alerting the appropriate staff members in time for renewals; in accordance with Heifer’s policies and procedures.
Essential Character Traits
Respectful, accountable, good communicator, teachable, flexible, initiative, creative and team player.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- To establish, manage and maintain Project vehicles (40%)
- Daily, track and record vehicle mileage and fuel consumption.
- Prepare and submit vehicle-monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations and mileage at the end of each month.
- Record official and personal trips as needed.
- Comply with Heifer Policies and procedures regarding vehicle use
- Vehicle Security and Maintenance (35%)
- Ensure the vehicles are equipped with all necessary tools and documents before leaving for any duties.
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure vehicle is closed and secured after working hours.
- Ensure that all the necessary tools and documents are kept in vehicles. These include; valid driving license, First Aid kit, insurances, reserve tyres, control technique papers, taxes, jack, jack handle, wheel spanner, and fire extinguishers.
- Ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule.
- Be ultimately responsible for the safety of the vehicles and passengers (20%)
- Observe the road and Kenya’s traffic laws and regulations.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport.
- May perform other job-related duties (5%)
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Willingness and ability to work with a flexible schedule.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (23 kilograms) floor to waist as required.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures, beliefs, and Gender Equality.
- Secondary education with an O level certificate.
- Possession of a valid commercial driver’s license.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a driver in a non-profit/developmental organization setting.
- Excellent driving records and knowledge of driving rules and regulations as well as skills in minor vehicle repairs. Certificate in mechanics is an added advantage.
- Perfect command of both oral and written English, Kiswahili and knowledge of local languages would be an asset.
- Wiliness to take initiatives if necessary.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel), is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of simple clerical work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Heifer International career website on heifer-openhire.silkroad.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: