Heifer International Job vacancy 2019 for Human Resources Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Heifer International Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Heifer International Job Vacancy 2019
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Strong preference will be given to Local Nationals or returning Local Nationals.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing the country and applicable project based Human Resource systems and practices to ensure that Heifer remains an employer of choice while remaining compliant with local laws and regulations. While this position reports directly to the applicable Country Director there will be aspects of their position that will require reporting to and working with the Head Quarters (HQ) VP of Human Resources of Strategy and Operations and HQ Human Resources (HR) team members.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Highly motivated leader, strives for shared vision and teamwork, results-driven, having general business acumen, pro-active, curious, attention to detail, respect for procedures and norms, innovator, superb listener and communicator, analytical, organized, socially sensitive, conviction towards holistic sustainable development.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
A. Provide employee relations support to country program staff. (35%)
- Assist staff with interpretation, intent and understanding on policy and process, and ensure all policies and procedures (both local and those in Global Policies and Procedures Manual) are being followed.
- In partnership with HQ Programs Administration and HQ HR develop and implement necessary policies.
- Manage staff complaints ensuring that they are handled in accordance with policy, procedures and local requirements, as needed.
- On regular basis, in consultation with HQ HR, provide guidance to supervisors when/if disciplinary action needs to be taken with an employee.
- Assist HQ HR with coordination of all immigration matters as needed and ensure compliance with Heifer’s Global Immigration Policy.
- Maintain applicable registration(s) with the local country departments of immigration and employment or labor.
- Working with HQ HR, provide oversight of the periodic performance reviews of all country employees, including sending required information to HQ HR related to performance reviews and/or salary increases or bonuses.
- Manage termination of contracts and employment agreements, facilitate exit interviews and ensure that all local laws and proper procedures are followed when employees exit the organization.
- Provide guidance to Finance and HR HQ teams on terminal benefits calculations and dues on applicable exiting staff.
B. Lead and oversee recruitment and onboarding efforts for a country program a staff. (25%)
- Manage the recruitment process of vacant and new positions.
- Provide support to staff on development/revision of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies and interview of candidates to ensure quality, transparency and fairness in the process.
- Monitor local labor market conditions in the country and make appropriate regional recommendations to management.
- As needed, work with supervisors and leadership to explore and develop flexible recruitment approaches and collaborate with HQ HR.
- Ensure compliance of all HR related information with applicable country laws and Heifer policies.
- Coordinate with HQ HR to compile, update and maintain job descriptions for each position in the country office.
- Develop and coordinate on-boarding orientation for all new hire once a month.
C. In coordination with HQ Area Programs and HQ HR, support compensation and benefits program and needs. (20%)
- Administers the employee benefit program in the country office including negotiating competitive rates, enrolling new hires and answering benefit related questions.
- Coordinates with the Director of Global Total Rewards to ensure that country office staff receive all mandatory employee benefits required by local law.
- Meets with new employees to explain benefits package(s) within first week of hire date.
- Implement and ensure ongoing management and regular monitoring of tracking systems for all types of paid leave.
- Conduct periodic surveys of compensation packages and in consultation with HQ HR, advise on all issues related to staff compensation and benefits.
- Ensures compliance with local wage and hour laws and regulations.
D. Provide leadership and guidance around Talent Development of staff. (10%)
- Provide leadership and guidance to management in personnel development, including mentoring and coaching, planning and implementing suitable annual training program in order to improve staff performance, motivation and morale.
- Organize regular team-building activities, in order to motivate and build strong management team as staff are stationed in different geographical locations.
- Develop annual development and succession plans for applicable staff.
E. Manage employee data to support organizational business needs. (5%)
- Responsible for timely and accurate entry as well as update of employee data in the Agresso and other required systems.
- Processes all Personnel Change Request (PCR) forms on a timely and accurate basis.
- Maintains the organization chart for the country office and send to HQ HR as required.
- Using Heifer approved systems such as Agresso and Laserfiche, maintain proper personnel files for each staff member and ensure that the system protects the privacy of individuals and maintains information confidentiality.
F. May perform other job-related duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree plus five (5) years of Human Resources experience in a similar role.
- At least two (2) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in English language is required
- Master’s degree in a related field. Experience in HR for NGO or non-profit strongly desired. Human Resource Certificate.
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Strong negotiating and networking skills.
- Ability to manage time well and to handle numerous commitments and projects while staying on deadline.
- Skill at producing accurate and detailed information.
- Skill at communicating with all levels of personnel.
- Skill with a variety of computerized human resources systems.
- Skill with PC (Microsoft Word and Excel preferred).
- Knowledge of basic immigration laws and practices.
- Understanding of compensation administration.
- Experience working with those of different cultures and backgrounds.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Include any significant physical, mental and emotional actions that are required of the job. These include traveling, time spent sitting, presenting, working independently, after hours, performing mathematical and/or statistical computations, etc.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully, and to convey information to all levels of staff.
- Ability to foster good relationships with vendors.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to assign and review the work of direct report.
- Ability to produce and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to perform as an effective team member and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Well organized and confident to work independently but can also function as strong team player.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: