HCS Africa Job Vacancy 2018 for Finance Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for HCS Africa Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
HCS Africa Job Vacancy 2018
Our Client in the Manufacturing Industry seeks to recruit a Chief Finance Officer who will develop a world class strategic finance function aligned to the Company’s strategy through effective planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities of the group, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting.
As part of a high-performing Executive Leadership Team, contribute commercially across the business, be highly visible with a strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong relationships and partnerships across the business including at Board level.
Roles for the Finance Officer Job
1. Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Analyze management accounts of subsidiaries and Holdco on a monthly basis for accuracy, trends and comparison to budgets, and prepare management reports
- Prepare quarterly board reports with consolidated accounts and other related reports
- Preparation of the annual consolidated audited accounts and ensure timely completion of audits
- Accurate and timely production of monthly MIS & budget monitoring reports
- Accurate consolidated quarterly financial statements (P&L, BS & Cashflows)
- Timely and non-qualified annual audited accounts
2. Treasury Management
- Including regular monitoring and management of Working Capital & long term funding needs,
- Bank reconciliations, Short term and long term funding linked to strategy
- Weekly/monthly Bank reconciliations
- Updated Debtors listing in line with company policy
3. Business Planning & Analysis of New Projects
Prepare business plan and financial projections aligned to the organizational strategy
- Track performance against business plan targets and
- Prepare capital project plans and analyses (NPV, IRR, Payback) for new potential investments with recommendations
- Strategy approved by the Board
- Approved 5 year BP
- Achievement of PAT Budget
- Prior to investments, analysis of projects, with Go/No Go recommendations
4. Procedures, Processes and Quality assurance
- Prepare & review relevant policies (Accounting policies, Shared services, SODA, etc)
- Processes and procedures in place & updated regularly
- Continuous improvement of financial procedures and controls
- Quality assurance of audit items by ensuring corrective action on any gaps on controls identified from internal audits are addressed
- Updated Policies and controls in place
- Less than X% of Repeat audit items
5. Team Management
- Managing and developing the finance team in HO supporting the finance leadership in country offices
- Training of Finance team in liaison with HR
- Employee Productivity above X%
- Positive 360 degree review for CFO
6. Tax planning
- Develop internal tax policies e.g. Transfer Pricing Policy
- Ensure compliance to local tax laws e.g. PAYE, WHT, VAT, Compensating Tax (Dividend), etc including payments and returns
- Responsible for follow up on any tax claims
- Involvement and management of any tax reviews in the group
- Updated tax payments with no penalties
- Updated tax returns
7. ICT & ERP
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Lead Information Systems function to ensure business financial and operational reporting, analyses and decision support systems are timely, accurate, error free and require minimum human input in order to avoid any governance risks.
- System Availability & Reliability of above 95%
- Alignment of IT & ERP Systems to business requirements
- Timely and Accurate
- Management Reporting
8. Any other responsibility assigned by management and the Board
Completion of any other duties assigned
Finance Officer Job Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or MSc Finance or Economics.(Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field
- Professional accounting designation (CA, ACCA, CMA, CPA or equivalent)
- At least 15 years experience in leadership position with not less than 10 years in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience as a Group Finance Manager or Group CFO for a period of at least 5 years.
- Partner Network Development in Africa – must have already done similar work though it can be for other industries (over 5 years, 20+ Countries in Africa)
- Personal Relationship Network – must have existing relationships in key cities to leverage for partner identification, trade area understanding, and getting PR mileage
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in MS Excel, Google Apps, SAP R3 and other software in report writing & business intelligence such as Prophix, CVe Live systems, Teamwork, Crystal Reports etc.
- Strong financial and accounting knowledge (IFRS)
- Excellent knowledge of financial data analysis , forecasting methods and budgeting experience in a multicurrency environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with External Auditors, internal controls and compliance related (tax) issues
- Financial Planning and Strategy,
- Managing Profitability and cash flow management
- Budgeting and Forecasting,
- Management and Leadership skills
- Financial analysis and modelling
- IT & ERP Systems implementation (strongly preferred).
- Stakeholder Management (Partners, Investors, Board, Tax Authorities, Auditors)
- Strong commercial acumen, analytical and strong attention to details
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Energized, positive, passionate, confident with executive presence.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial, strategic thinker and result oriented
- Strong people leadership and management capability
- Ability to drive change in an organization
- Highest levels of personal integrity and commitment to quality and continuous improvement
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Chief Finance Officer on the Subject line
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: