Hashi Energy Recruitment 2018 for Legal Counsel, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Hashi Energy Recruitment 2018 for Legal Counsel. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Hashi Energy Recruitment 2018
We are the oldest locally-owned oil company in Kenya and have grown over the years to become a leading importer and exporter of refined petroleum products in East and Central Africa region. Our business now extends to provision of other non-fuel related services in the region.
Our operations extend from Mauritius to Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, Zambia, Dubai, Southern Sudan and the Democratic Republic of Congo. We place great value on attracting and retaining the best people at all levels to ensure the continued success of the organization.
As a result of continued growth and in order to position ourselves to be the leader in energy solutions and other services for Africa, we wish to appoint a qualified individual into the position of Legal Counsel.
The position is based at our Head Office in Nairobi but supporting the group of companies.
Main Purpose of the Job:
The mission of the Legal counsel will be to provide legal advice and support in corporate and commercial, company secretarial matters as well as in compliance and regulatory affairs to the business as an independent assurance on the effectiveness of the internal control framework.
In addition, the jobholder will be responsible for internal stakeholder management in the various functions.
Responsibilities for the Legal Counsel Job
Working hand in hand with the Head of Group Legal & Corporate Secretarial Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Provision of legal advice and interpretation services to various business lines to guide in corporate decision making across the group.
- Provide transaction support on legal matters to various teams thus in negotiation, drafting and reviewing of agreements to protect and optimize interests of different companies.
- Management of conflict with business partners and bad debt recovery.
- Risk assessment and auditing of processes, documents, business plans to ensure compliance with the law, corporate policies and goals.
- Maintenance and updating corporate documents and records to ensure institutional memory.
- Education and empowerment of staff on legal matters to ensure compliance and optimal performance.
- Monitor any changes to laws and regulations and advise on the likely impact so as ensure compliance.
- Handle any other assignments allocated by the head of function
Legal Counsel Job Requirements:-
- Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B) from a recognized University (Upper Second Degree)
- Be in possession of a valid Practicing Certificate for 2018
- French proficiency (will be an added advantage)
- At least 2-3 years’ work experience in corporate and commercial law within a busy corporate environment or a commercial law firm.
Skill and attributes requirements:-
- Commitment to work across cross functional teams
- Should demonstrate good interpersonal & communication skills
- Broad business awareness
- Excellent leadership skills
- Negotiating Skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at a time
- The Legal Counsel role will be positioned in the Legal Department within Hashi Energy Group reporting to the Head of Group Legal & Corporate Secretarial Services
- He/she will also work closely with the managers at various subsidiaries and projects within the Group.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application and detailed CV to reach us on or before Tuesday 17th July 2018 by email to: [email protected]
Clearly indicate the subject of your email as “Legal Counsel”.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
We an equal opportunity employer and our Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: