Hand in Hand Eastern Africa Job Vacancy 2018 for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Hand in Hand Eastern Africa Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa Job Vacancy 2018
Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA) is a registered Non-Government Organization (NGO)in Kenya with mandate to operate within the Eastern Africa Region and a member of the Hand in Hand Global Network. Our vision is to empower the society with sustainable enterprises and jobs. HiH EA currently operates 23 branches in Kenya and Tanzania.
HiH EA seeks to fill the following vacancies and invites applications from suitably qualified individuals who will undergo a selection process to identify the suitable candidates for the following position.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be working under the direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Manager. He/she will be responsible for communicating M&E information, development of monitoring tools, gathering data from the field and analysing it, follow up on activities and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all M&E initiatives for assigned projects including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary.
- · Support M&E Manager in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Support the M&E Manager in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of projects.
- Assist the M&E Manager in proposing strategies to facilitate data collection, flow of data and increase its use and demand amongst program staff.
- Perform regular field visits in Kenya to ensure projects/programs are implemented according to project/program design.
- Contribute to the development, design and planning of projects so that (a) projects have a clear and feasible strategy towards impact that is in line with HiH EA’S mission and strategy, and (b) projects include defined measurable indicators of outputs, outcomes and impact.
- Contribute to outcome and evidence based strategic decision-making at HiH EA and promote a culture of evidence-based learning and adaptation, keep abreast of developments in program changes and progress in order to advice and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performance and results.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions along with M&E Manager.
- Coordinate baseline surveys, mid‐term reviews and evaluation of program activities and ensure proper documentation of innovative approaches and best practices for dissemination and sharing experiences to promote repeat applications or scaling‐up in different community settings
- Assist in gathering, summarizing and disseminating relevant technical updates on program planning monitoring, evaluation and operations research within the project;
- Prepare consolidated progress reports for project management including identification of problems, causes of potential bottlenecks in the project implementation, and specific recommendations for addressing the problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Statistics, Business administration, social sciences or other relevant academic qualifications.
- Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience as in the field of monitoring and evaluation with good track in performance.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software.
- Knowledge of digital approaches to M&E in programmes and use of apps such as Kobo is desired.
- Must have worked with community development programmes.
- Experience in devising M&E plans and working with log frames.
- Experience in developing data collection tools (quantitative and qualitative) and managing data collection processes. Ability and willingness to commit to the HiH EA’s vision, mission and values
- Ability to fit in and work with diverse cultures
- Innovativeness and creativity in solving problems and generating solutions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion to work with and amongst marginalized rural communities.
Key skills & competencies:
- Strong performance drive and ability to work independently and proactively.
- Integrity and willingness to commit to HiH EA’s mission and values at all times.
- Strong training & facilitation skills;
- Ability to initiate and manage change and to recognize and adjust to rapidly changing conditions;
- Strong communication and presentation skills with high level of proficiency in report writing;
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook express including financial and statistical packages;
- Ability to maintain high standards of integrity; establish straightforward, productive relationships;
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non‐technical colleagues
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV, citing the Position andReference Number via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business by 9th October, 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: