H. Young & CO Job Vacancies 2018 for Motor Grader Operator
Young & CO. (E.A) Ltd is the leading Engineering and Construction Company and has its headquarters in Nairobi Kenya. The Company’s design, Manufacturing and Construction activities relate to all sectors including Infrastructure, Telecommunications, Mining, Power Generation, Petroleum Industry, Cement among others.
Roles & Responsibility
- Operate the grader and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Precisely operate grader blade to windrow gravel to the center of the road.
- Operate grader controls to regulate height and angle of the grader blade and lower scarifier to loosen packed soil to permit grading.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Driver grader in successive passes over working area, observing reference stakes or hand signals of other workers, to level the surface to the specified grade.
- Feel levers and listen to equipment sounds to determine the depth of the cut.
- Operate Grader on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
- Finish grade base surface preparation to within half an inch.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the grader.
- Any other related duties instructed by the supervisor on site.
- Applicants should have over 5 years’ experience operating road construction graders.
- Knowledge of grader and other heavy equipment.
- Knowledge road construction materials, road construction processes and industry requirements.
- Applicants should have high level of integrity
- Understanding of computerized controls and electronics.
How to Apply
Send your application to [email protected] before 15th March 2018.
- EXPLORE MORE: