Guinness Vacancy 2019 for Credit Risk Analyst
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Guinness Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Guinness Job Vacancy 2019
Diageo Enterprise Operations is part of the Diageo Business Service Organization that is a global multi-functional business that provides shared service offering across DIAGEO globally. It provides services in the scope of Order to Cash, Source to Pay, Record to Report, Financial Controllership and Data Management.
The Credit Risk Analysis Stream is part of the End to End Commercial process that entails all credit risk related controls for DBS served markets.
Significant cross-market functional responsibilities with the aim to deliver a seamless end-to-end commercial service. It ensures proper operation of processes from incoming fund allocation to customer ledger maintenance, order release, outstanding follow-up and overdue management, including credit limit control and reporting.
Service Delivery entails issue resolution and close business partnering with the credit risk, customer service and commercial market teams.
The role is responsible for credit risk framework for the Nigeria market. Its key in driving controls around our trading with General Distributors and Key Account customers
It is also key in managing business risk related to stock, debtors and creditors thus driving Working Capital
Nigeria is a 125Bn revenue business of which 94% of the revenue is earned from trading with General Distributors and Key Account customers
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15 mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria (spirits, beers, ready-to-drink and non-alcoholic)
Guinness Nigeria is listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and with an on-trade dominance market and a fast growing off-trade channel.
Nigeria has specific nuances including: Market-specific Ways of Working, government regulations, different currencies and infrastructure challenges requirements.
- Sees the bigger picture and understands the detail
- Works logically and pro-actively towards solutions
- Responds positively to direction and shows energy in delivering what is expected within own area of work.
- Is receptive to feedback and is willing to learn from mistakes
- Ability to effectively Prioritize trade customer needs and build on customer knowledge when making decisions
- Understands the need to be part of a high performing team and supports the actions of others to deliver this.
- Good knowledge of internal and external business partners
- Takes ownership for delivering on promises and speaks up when operational standards are slipping
Purpose of Role:
- Provide world class seamless end to end credit risk analysis service and manage the relationship with customers/distributors in the Nigeria market operations
- Performance commentary of daily cash collection report and timely circulation to HODs in market.
- Recommendations on customer credit limits and implementation of the approved changes. (implementation is transactional)
- Calculation of interest on unhealthy customers with overdue and managing the conversation with the customer on how to turn around the status of their account.
- Managing the review of price changes for General Distributors and Key Accounts. (loading in SDP is transactional)
- Managing customer deductions relating to incentives and rebate and resolving issues/complaints from Trade customers relating to the above. (transactional)
- Review of requisitions and raising of free issue order request for new activations, sampling and launching of a new product by the sales team. (loading in SDP is transactional)
- Attending to issues/complaints from customers and following up on claims made and resolve any balance confirmation and reconciliation issues.
- Managing the process of extending payment terms of customers due to delays in delivery and any other reasons provided by the operations team. (transactional)
- Continuously look for process improvements to drive customer satisfaction and raise service efficiency.
- Health check analysis and waiver request management through monitoring of stock levels held by Trade Customers (Distributors) are in line with outstanding debt.
- Assessing the customer risk and propose to the Credit committee for changes on the credit risk category for all customers.
- RRS management through timely collection of monthly loan repayments, creation of codes for new DBs and resolution of reconciliation issues.
- Develop E2E commercial ‘centre of excellence’ in Africa to provide end to end clarity of the credit risk analysis process, to provide a central focus point for SSC in order to facilitate best practices
- Actively promote the CARM/Control agenda and adhere to controls/compliance environment and input to audits
- Preparation of customer risk assessment reports in preparation for the credit committee meeting
Key performance indicators
- Days Sales Outstanding
- Weighted Average days to Collect/ Weighted Average payment Terms
- Collection To Term
- 91+ aged debt/7+ aged debt
- Cash collection (meeting target – overdue debt 2%)
- Customer dispute management and customer service
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- University or College degree and/or 1-2 years relevant experience
- Speaks English fluently
- Has some financial knowledge or willingness to learn financial transactions
- Past experience in the credit control function is an added advantage
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is enthusiastic to solve problems
- Is a good team player and has ability to work independently
- Solid PC literacy, strong Excel skills required (SAP knowledge is an advantage)
- Is self-confident, accurate and pays attention to detail
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
- Lack of ability to express self and proficiency in required language
- No team player
- Lack of accuracy and attention to details
- Difficulty in setting priorities and in working independently
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: