Guinness Job Vacancy For Quality Analyst, Application Details
Reports to Quality & Environment Manager
Context/Scope:Barley, Malt, Sorghum and millet are the principal raw materials used in the manufacture of beer. East African Malting Limited has the strategic role of providing competitively priced brewing raw materials of world class quality standards to meet EABL supply requirements.
The Quality Department will be responsible for management of systems to assure the quality of Malt and adjunct brewing materials. The department is involved in protecting the environment from pollution. The main aim being to achieve a standard product that meets and exceeds customer expectations while keeping the environment safe.
Market Complexity:It is critical that the company maintain high quality of malt, barley, Sorghum and millet through effective Quality Control /Assurance procedures in order to remain at the top in the market and satisfy the expectations and needs of the consumer at competitive cost.
Preventing environmental pollution and environmental compliance from the production processes
Purpose of RoleLead quality assurance agenda within shifts to ensure product quality is constantly high and environmental compliance
Manage customer/supplier relations
- Management of raw material quality gates to assure quality throughout the supply chain
- Determine farmers/suppliers timely payments through provision of accurate and prompt quality data whilst paying close attention to customer/supplier relations.
- Manage quality assurance in the product realisation process to achieve the desired end product.
- Drive quality agenda within production through offering quality technical know-how to aid problem solving process
- Determine stock value at grain intake and monitor the storage quality to prevent quality loss hence maintaining the book value and stock value ratios.
- Manage customer relations through enhancing 2-way communication, complaints management & resolution and enforcing the quality requirements in the respective Service Level Agreements (SLA) for KBL, UBL, SBL and other customers.
- Maintenance of the 4 ISO management systems: QMS, EMS, FSMS, OHSAS to deliver continued certification for the business by the Certification Body and drive compliance to Diageo’s Global Risk Management Systems(GRMS)
- Lead internal audits at EAML and external audits in all management systems.
Research and Development
- Lead micro-malting research and development trials to facilitate varietal development and release in line with the business objectives on varietal improvement.
- Support R&D decision making through data analysis.
- Manage the impact of EAML’s activities to the environment by monitoring environmental KPIs(energy, water, waste to landfill and COD) and drive compliance to regulatory, legal and Diageo standards
Purpose of Role
Manage quality assurance in the business to achieve customer delight and manage environmental compliance by maintaining effective management systems.
- Bsc. Degree in Food Science & technology, Chemistry or Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry or Microbiology.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Quality, Food safety, Safety and Environmental Management systems.
Working Knowledge in Micro-malting, Malting and Brewing process is an added advantage.
Barriers to success in Role
- Inability to connect and build positive relationships
- Inability to demonstrate key leadership qualities
Lack of understanding of the commercial and demand agenda within the business
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: