Guinness Job Vacancy 2019 for Technical Operator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Guinness Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Guinness Job Vacancy 2019
Barley and Malt are the principal raw materials used in the manufacture of beer and East African Maltings Limited has the strategic role of providing competitively priced brewing raw materials to meet EABL supply requirements.\
East African Maltings intent is to support both EABL Supply and Demand’s strategic activities, protect the quality of our brands, support innovation and creation of competitive advantage for the EABL group within the Eastern African Region.
The Maltings plant was established over 20 years ago and some new plants have been installed to replace the older obsolete ones. The plant handles 50,000 tons of barley and 30,000 of malt per year. This calls for well coordinated maintenance to avoid negative effects on throughput and quality.
1. Malt market is diversifying in the region thus the plant is likely to overstretch in capacity should demand rise.
2. Some spare parts are not readily available and have adverse effects on speed at which breakdowns are attended to.
3. Design of machines is changing so fast and machines are becoming obsolete at high rate.
Purpose of Role
The role of Technical operator is to operate the equipment and execute maintenance activities to achieve the set plant availability KPIs in order to assure production targets are achieved.The role works closely with the operations team, shift operations managers and the engineers.
- Spearhead breakdown maintenance and scheduled maintenance with a view to minimize down time. Lead formal failure analysis, take corrective actions on audit reports while ensuring quality and effective execution of maintenance and operations tasks.
- Undertake operation and monitoring of dry and wet processes, capture data in the quality records and take samples as per production procedures in order to deliver daily operational targets while assuring quality of the different products.
- Raise job notification in SYSTEM APPLICATION PRODUCT(SAP) and execute preventive and corrective maintenance of Malt, Barley and Sorghum processing equipment.
- Be able to fault diagnose SCADA faults and offer solutions fast to minimise plant down times.
- Be able to interpret electrical/PLC diagrams and offer solutions within shortest time possible in case of breakdowns.
- Should be highly conversant with plant instrumentation and controls system.
- Monitor and capture daily utilities usage data and update relevant records.
- Adherence to high safety standards at the work station, champion safety agenda and report any unsafe concerns to the relevant authority.
- Champion process improvement initiatives in their areas of operation and ensure waste control and other environmental KPIs are achieved.
- Lead and guide housekeeping contractor within their area of operation.
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (Instrumentation, Electronics/Power options)
- Electrical Technician Part 3 from a recognized Institution.
Over Two years post qualification experience in a Manufacturing or Production set-up.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: