Guinness Job Vacancy 20188 for Area Business Development Manager – EB, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Guinness Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Guinness Job Vacancy 2018
External Job Description
Area Business Development Manager (ABDM)
Reports to: Head of Emerging Business/Divisional Sales Manager
KBL operates within a multi-cultural, multinational environment with a commercial and Supply Business. The Supply business is involved in the production and primary logistics of beer and spirits. The Commercial side is involved in marketing and route to consumers. This role is located within the Commercial Sales business.
The ABDM role is critical to the overall KBL short, medium and long term strategy in developing and driving trade & distribution strategy as well as operational excellence in achieving 100% distribution effectiveness and efficiency through our RtC model.
An ABDM looks after 3-4 distributor accounts and several Sales/Trade Developers responsible for managing and developing profitable brand and volume growth within assigned areas. The role is 90% field based in regions, with long periods unsupervised and extensive travelling required. The job holder is expected to be away from home overnight on many occasions and will be under intensive pressure with constant demands from distributors and retail customers KBL demand has 97% volume share of beer market.
KBL demand is one of the leading FMCG companies in East Africa and also markets UDV brands. KBL operates in a very competitive environment that has seen the entrance of new players in the total alcohol category.
This necessitates the need for a pro-active business approach. An advantaged national distribution network within the Kenyan alcohol market is key to maintaining KBLs competitive advantage and delivering of both volume growth and market share.
Changing macros driven by competition for limited disposable incomes and the opening up of economic trading blocs allowing in the flow of products from other markets.
Consumers are also becoming more discerning demanding better value for money at the bottom end and uncompromised quality at the top. This requires proactive selling to maximise company market share. Trade is evolving and being more sophisticated especially at retail level. Leadership Responsibilities:The job holder is required to motivate, coach and develop his/her sales team as well as manage the Area P&L while successfully managing relationships with his key partners and assets the distributors.
Purpose of Role:
To positively influence sales of KBL brands by regular contact, networking and motivation of allocated distributor accounts. To ensure the sales team under them is delivering an optimized brand portfolio of both beer and spirits in each outlet across the Area s/he is managing.
TOP 3-5 Accountabilities
- People capability development through coaching and accompaniment based on the structured call.
- Embedding the Diageo Standards Of Excellence as the way of working
- Developing and sustaining amazing relationships with our distributors. This is to ensure targets are not only met but surpassed.
- Develop and drive joint strategy and plans with distributors, have direct performance and P&L responsibility for distributor businesses.
- Maintain a strong focus on working with distributors to develop sales capability within their organisations.
- Ensure the constant updating and implementation of fit for purpose trade coverage plans for the area.
- Ensure that objectives in terms of availability, visibility, volume, margin, quality and RRP are achieved for the area.
- Adapt trade programmes developed by Customer Marketing & Brand teams to the area’s reality
- A business related degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role.
External Job Title
Area Business Development Manager – EB
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: