Guinness Job Vacancy 2018 for EISC Health, Safety & Environment Lead
EABL operates within a multi-cultural, multi-national, multi-currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: KBL, EAML, UBL & SBL. KBL is further categorised into Demand and Supply. The Demand business is involved in marketing and pushing the product to consumers. The Supply business is involved in production of beer and spirits.
Purpose of Role
- The role of the SHE Manager – is to manage and co-ordinate day to day Safety, Occupational Health, Environment and Fire-Safety management systems at KBL Supply through implementation of Occupational Health, Safety, Environment and fire risk programs, adherence to statutory safety requirements, availability of SHE standards, development of safe methods of work and provision of emergency and crisis handling resources.
Responsible for the safety of:
300 Contracted staff across the “MAKE” function
40 third party service providers and contractors
The SHE Manager shall be the Safety and Environment competent person as defined by law for KBL Supply –Kisumu Site. As such he/ she is required to be competent in application of the key SHE and fire risk management processes and to be a process owner of the processes across all safety management areas. This includes being responsible for ensuring best practice in SHE practice in liaison with local management and global stakeholders.
This role requires the ability to lead and influence change in behaviour and attitudes without direct management authority.
- Leadership Responsibilities and Decision Making Rights
The SHE Manager requires the ability to lead and influence change in behaviour and attitudes without direct management authority while ensuring compliance to legal and other requirements by the company. This includes high-level decision making on Safety Health and Environment emergencies.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Lead the implementation of safe systems of work and fire safety management systems within Kisumu plant:
- Benchmark, draw, implement and manage KBL Safety Health and Environment performance program; –
- Management of Safety Health and Environment compliance programs;-
- Supporting site risk management systems
- A honours Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering disciplines
- Nebosh International Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or
- A local post graduate Diploma in Occupational health and Safety
- Training in Fire risk reduction and OHS law and management.
- Possession of Assessor/Lead Assessor certificate for OHSAS and ISO 14001
- Comprehensive knowledge of integrated management systems ISO 9001, HACCP, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001 standards plus any other management systems that may apply.
- Nebosh International Fire safety and risk management is an added advantage
- At least 5 (five) years management experience in a food or manufacturing Industry, at least 2 (two) years of which must be in front line Safety Health and Environment and fire safety management.
- Experience in SHE management disciplines, incident investigation and route cause analysis, dealing with external authorities and managing/coordinating within a multi-site and multi-cultural environment.
- Experience in driving SHE performance of the Business Unit to minimize risks, maximize opportunities and enhance reputation for the system. Special focus on occupational safety and health practices.
How to Apply