Guinness Job Vacancies For Divisional Key Accounts Manager, Application Details
EABL operates within a multi-cultural, multinational, multi-currency environment. EABL comprises four business units: KBL, EAML, CGI and UBL. KBL is further categorised into Demand and Supply. The Supply business is involved in production of beer and spirits. The Demand business is involved in marketing and pushing the product to consumers.
This role is located within the Demand Sales business. The KAM is the high level contact between KBL and it’s key accounts and will be the “Push” Element in driving profits/NSV, volumes / brand growth. Role is also pivotal in driving trade innovation & creativity in key channels. The role has no contact and interaction with distributors and deals with off trade and future consumption.
This role requires that the job holder is 100% field based in DIVISIONS, with long periods unsupervised and extensive travelling with an occasional night away from home. The job holder works closely with the Divisional Team Leaders and the Sales Director.
EABL (K) demand has 99% volume share of beer market. EABL (K) demand is the No.1 FMCG Company in Kenya and East Africa and also markets UDV brands.
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable incomes and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing in flow of products from other markets.
There is increased threat from up and coming players in both beer and spirits especially in the lower and upper end market. The nature of competitors is complex with both illegal and established players operating within a market that has regulatory challenges. The outlets are more demanding, as they become more of profit units/driven vs. social. In certain markets the competition has grown up to even 50% of total alcohol from area centric competitors
This role involves internal liaison at middle/ senior manager level and high level of cross functional support. The KAM is a key strategic contact between KBL and trade partners and is expected to have high levels of respect/contact required. Two Area Business Partners, 4 Customer Relations Managers and all associated resources and budgets are managed by this role.
Purpose of Role:
To manage All Take home trade channels, All supermarkets & Convenient Stores, AFCOs, Duty Frees, Hotels, Clubs & Style bars and manage the development and execution of Key Accounts’ plans to achieve mutually defined objectives, profits/NSV and brand growth targets.
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Develop Key Accounts Management Program and Business Plans with Distributor owners / with KPIs maximizing our RTM value chain and working to drive both volume “Push and “Pull” within both distributors and at the retail end
- To define and deliver stretching Key Accounts business plans and the strategy for their implementation around a total alcohol, one portfolio approach
- Identify emerging trade trends and insights. Able to build activity plans at Key Accounts level and innovatively implement at retail
- Build KA and ABP training and development plans in conjunction with sales training (one portfolio beer and spirits)
- A Bachelors’ degree in a business related field or equivalent
- At least 5 years’ experience with 2 years as Area Business Partner or Customer Relationship Representation
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: