GSMA Job Vacancies 2018 for Senior Market Engagement Manager
The IPN Hub
The Instant Payment Notification (IPN) Hub is a centralised gateway developed and owned by the GSMA to enable small pay-as-you-go (PAYG) utility service providers to integrate easily with mobile operators, and serve their customers more efficiently by receiving instant notifications of their payments made using mobile money. The hub has been piloted in Rwanda, and following its successful uptake there is being expanded to other markets where there is a demand for it.
The RoleThe IPN Hub Manager will work within the Mobile Money team to lead the rollout of the IPN Hub as it goes to new markets and achieves financial sustainability. In particular, the Manager will be responsible for initiating, managing and overseeing the successful completion of integrations between the IPN Hub and a growing footprint of mobile operators and PAYG service providers.The role will require a ‘tech savvy’ individual with direct experience of technical integrations with mobile operators, exceptional business development and stakeholder management skills, and a strong drive and sense of ownership for the project. The ability to travel frequently will be an important requirement for this role.The IPN Hub is a cross functional project. The selected candidate will have a solid line reporting relationship with the Mobile Money team, but work in a matrix environment and regularly update internal stakeholders (including M4D Utilities, Legal, Finance, and Programme Services) on the status of the project and the way forward.Criteria for selectionRequired
- Graduate with a background in Business Management
- Strong business development skills (relationship building, pitch development) and project management skills (timeline management, good understanding of Legal and Risk)
- Tech savvy individual with direct experience of working on integrations with mobile operators
- Proficient at managing complex stakeholder management exercises
- Willingness to travel frequently (~ 50% of the time)
- Strong understanding and experience of payments and the mobile money industry
- Willingness to work in results-oriented team environment where priorities can change
- Drive and proactivity – demonstrates a “can do” attitude, and eager to identify and suggest ways of improving existing processes
- Very conscientious and highly organised, shows excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time effectively
- Interested in the application of mobile technology for social impact and demonstrating a will to learn about the industry
- Able to quickly grasp new concepts and ideas
- Ability to work in a matrix structure to support cross functional collaboration across the GSMA
Desirable but not required
- Familiarity with mobile money aggregators and other ecosystem players
- Cultural familiarity with working in African and Asian contexts.
- Experience working for a financial services / payments provider, a company in the mobile communications sector, or an international development organisation.
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: