GSMA Job Recruitment 2018 for Market Engagement Manager, mAgri, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for GSMA Job Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
GSMA Job Recruitment 2018
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with more than 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem. Our mission is to further the strategic, commercial, technological, developing world and advocacy interests of our members. The GSMA produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series conferences.
Every day we work to harness the power of mobile to achieve our industry purpose – Connecting Everyone and Everything to a Better Future – through four main activities:
- We provide strategic direction and thought leadership to our members
- We drive collaborative industry programmes aimed at maintaining operator relevance in the digital world
- We advocate for the industry to regulators, policy makers and society as a whole
- We convene the broad mobile communications ecosystem at our industry-leading events
About the Team
The GSMA’s mAgri Programme works closely with Mobile Network Operators, the development community and agricultural organizations to catalyze scalable, commercial mobile services that improve the productivity and incomes of smallholder farmers and benefit the agriculture sector in emerging markets. We do this by improving their access to information, financial services and supply chain solutions, delivered via mobile through sustainable business models.
We provide challenge fund grants, technical assistance, sharing of best practices and support on monitoring and evaluation to selected mobile agriculture projects and services. By working with mobile service providers, agricultural organisations, and the development community, we are able to provide supporting tools and share best practices in developing and taking mobile agriculture solutions to market. We help practitioners to identify partners and broker relationship between service owners, mobile operators, content providers and agricultural organizations. For more information, visit http://www.gsma.com/mobilefordevelopment/programmes/magri/programme-overview
About the Role
The GSMA mAgri Programme seeks an accomplished Market Engagement Manager experienced in VAS, mobile enterprise/B2B services and mobile financial services (MFS) to work closely with the Senior mAgri Market Engagement Manager, local teams, and programme partners to support the implementation of cutting-edge MNO-lead mAgri projects portfolio in line with MNO and GSMA strategy. While working on a number of projects and project teams with multiple priorities, this particular market engagement manager will need to support the evolution of mAgri services to include enterprise/B2B and MFS components. It will be a complex and continuously changing environment across many cultures. The incumbent must possess a unique blend of business acumen with an understanding of the mobile, MFS and enterprise/B2B markets that they’ll be working in, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. They should enjoy spending time in the market to understand needs and work proactively to find innovative solutions and own drive their implementation.
The role will encompass:
- Project Consultancy Support (70%) – Work directly with operators who have received the commitment of support from the mAgri Programme and support them as their chief consultant to both strengthen any existing mAgri content service while supporting service evolution to include MFS and key enterprise components/B2B and implement pilots with agribusiness enterprise clients. Your role as their consultant is to advise them on development and implementation of their service strategy, robust business and operational plans, share lessons learned in other markets, and troubleshoot key challenges. Ensure the agricultural service is designed and implemented to provide a high-quality of service and impact to farmers and agribusiness clients; and can be scalable and sustainable. Develop and manage key stakeholders relationships critical for the programme’s success, including mobile phone operators, potential agribusiness clients, value added service providers, agriculture institutes and donor agencies. Key to this role is providing actionable recommendations to operators based on deep analysis of consumer insights and supporting them with implementing the recommendations resulting in continuous service evolution and improvements.
- Best practice and knowledge sharing (15%) – Extract key learnings and analytics from each mAgri project deployment and raise advocacy for mobile agricultural services more broadly within the industry, by ensuring that key industry developments, learnings, and best practices are appropriately packaged and shared. This could be in the form of writing case studies and online reports and conducting knowledge sharing sessions via working groups, webinars, and workshops (in collaboration with the other mAgri team members).
- Programme and project monitoring (15%) – Define project plans, milestones and success measures; prepare timely and comprehensive analysis of progress against metrics and milestones. Prepare progress and financial reports, as required. Manage third party monitoring and evaluation services. Liaise with a third party grant management organisation to contract grants and ensure contractual obligations are met.
About Your Skills:- Demonstrable consultancy and business development expertise- Outstanding general and project management skills coupled with analytical acumen- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills- Proven track record of achievement under a range of challenging situations (ideally in multiple countries, especially developing countries)- Experienced in telecom sector in emerging markets – Experience in digital financial services and mobile enterprise (B2B) services- Awareness of agricultural value chains and the agribusiness / farmer relationships- Able to engage effectively in both a CEO board room and a village of rural smallholder farmers- Experience executing monitoring, evaluation and learning plansPersonal- Should be able to work from the GSMA Nairobi office and have the right to work in Kenya- Excellent cultural awareness and a desire to work with teams around the world while showing respect for all colleagues and stakeholders. Enjoys international travel and learning about new markets- Able to quickly grasp new concepts and ideas (given the level of innovation in our sector and the wider industry) and proactively communicate and work as part of a global team.- Naturally curious, able to think beyond business-as-usual scenarios and dream big.- Process-oriented individual, that takes ownership and responsibly without unnecessary management from above Qualifications:- Degree level qualification- Masters of Business Administration- Fluent in French preferred but not required and familiar with West Africa a plus
What We Offer
Working at the GSMA offers you unparalleled access to the mobile industry. We offer a chance to truly shape the direction of mobile, whatever your role. By joining the GSMA, you will be exposed to a fast-paced rapidly evolving environment, working on global solutions, genuinely fascinating and industry-changing projects and a stimulating and dynamic environment designed to enable you to flourish.
In addition to architect-designed offices and competitive compensation, our benefits include fantastic learning & development opportunities, generous holiday allowances, four additional days off for professional development and many others.
We offer a working environment that reflects our organizational values. We also hire in line with our values and recruit candidates who demonstrate a strong affinity with these 7 principles:
- DREAM BIG – Demonstrate vision and insight to lead the industry forward
- BE BOLD – Have the courage to take risks and make tough decisions
- OWN IT – Take full accountability for your decisions and actions
- WORK AS A TEAM – Collaborate to deliver impactful results
- DO THE RIGHT THING – Conduct yourself with honesty and integrity at all times
- SHOW RESPECT – Treat others as you would expect to be treated
- LOVE WHAT YOU DO – Bring passion and pride to your work
To learn more about the GSMA, visit our careers site, our LinkedIn page and our Twitter page.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: