Greenlight Planet Job Vacancy 2019 for Business Systems Administrator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Greenlight Planet Job Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Greenlight Planet Job
Greenlight Planet is a multi-national, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 32 million people in more than 60 countries and have sold over 8 million products worldwide.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™ solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with underserved consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents (called as ‘Sun King Energy Officers’) in local communities across local communities. For Sun King Energy Officers, this is not only a good source of income and employment but also they become an important member of their community bring light and catering to local energy needs within their communities.
Today, with over 1100 full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to innovative sales and distribution strategies, to setting up better collection mechanisms, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of underserved consumers.
The Business Systems Administrator will be taking ownership and auditing all the software and tools related to the business operations and its automations.
Key responsibilities for the role:
- Conducting regular audits on business platforms and agent/customer facing systems
Users activity spot checks
Configurations spot checks
- Investigating logs to identify configuration changes
- Tracking and keeping a record of all changes made to portals and systems
- Keeping downtime records, causes and puting in place measures to prevent them from happening again
- Identifying and Implementing fallbacks and redundancy mechanisms for business critical systems
- Researching for alternative software to reduce costs and improve efficiency
- Representing tools on diagrams and process flows to visualize how systems interact within and outside their own environment
The ideal Business Systems Administrator
- Has a Bachelor’s Degree
- Has solid experience in managing complex business critical tools and systems
- Can demonstrate accomplishment through some of the following experiences:
- 3-5 years of ICT experience with a proven track record of maintaining and configuring different systems and tools
- Significant commitment or experience with the social enterprise sector in Africa
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain complex data flows in a simple manner
- Proven experience administering CRM and ERP, Call Center software, Ticketing and Automation software, SMS gateways and other operational tools including Google Sheets and Google Apps Script
- A good understanding of our key sectors of focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Clear and straight to the point communication skills with fluency in both written and spoken English
- Clear thinking/problem-solving ability
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent issue-tracking and resolution skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks at the same time without errors and mistakes.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE: