Greenlight Planet, Inc Job Vacancy for East Africa Sales Leader, Application Details
Greenlight Planet is a renewable energy company focused on developing and marketing solar power products for off-grid communities in Asia, Africa and South America. We are also pioneers in technology-driven financing, enabling our customers to access credit through cloud-based lending models and partnerships with financial services providers.
At heart, we are a profit-making social enterprise inspired by the desire to drive positive change through sustainable business. We are passionate about bringing affordable energy, technology and finance to the over 2 billion people on our planet who lack access to basic resources and opportunities.
We have won numerous accolades, including the 2016 Ashden International Award for Excellence in Sustainable Energy, and our products consistently earn recognition for their quality, including “best solar lamp” by the Economist Magazine and “best-in-category” prizes from the World Bank’s Lighting Global program.
Currently, we are present in 55 countries, with major offices and operation centers in Nairobi, Kampala, Lagos, Arusha, Mumbai and Shenzhen, and our global headquarters in Chicago, USA. As we continue to grow, we greatly appreciate how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to our global mission, from new product designs to brilliant marketing strategies. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of our consumers
Job Location: Nairobi
Reporting to: Global Sales Director
This is a senior role which will design and drive sales and distribution strategies to support the unique combination of relevant channels in the East African market.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Establishing and managing channel partner networks for Sun King products
- Developing new business: prospecting, qualifying and closing new channel partners
- Delivery of annual revenue and unit sales targets
- Identifying key resources needed to execute the right sales and distribution strategy, including hiring and managing field sales staff, managing budgets for market activations and channel incentives to meet sales targets.
- Managing client relationships through all phases of the sales cycle
- Providing a consultative solutions-based sales process to prospects
- Conducting one-on-one and group sales and training presentations
- Managing and growing existing accounts within the territory
- Co-ordination with the head office for all technical, commercial, administrative and legal assistance.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a college/university degree and at least 8-10 years of sales and business development experience in the East African region working with channel networks.
- Has experience building and executing a sales and distribution strategy for consumer durables, renewable or FMCG products.
- Has a strong entrepreneurial streak, is innovative and has experience building market relevant sales and distribution models for new brands and/or product categories
- Has a strong record of meeting revenue targets and experience growing new business lines
- Is entrepreneurial and excited about the opportunity to creatively build effective, non-traditional sales channels in a nascent product category
- Is fluent in English and Swahili, both written and spoken
- Is passionate about his/her work and driven by Greenlight’s social mission of bringing innovative, renewable energy and life-enhancing products to African markets
- Is comfortable working independently and remotely in a lean environment
- Likes getting hands on to figure out how to grow a high-potential business
- Is a natural people-person, one that thrives off of building strong relationships both within the organization and externally
- Is willing to spend 40-50% of his/her time on the road interacting with partners, resellers and customers
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More