Google Kenya Job Vacancy 2019 for Associate Legal Counsel
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Google Kenya Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Google Kenya Job Vacancy 2019
Google’s mission is to organize the world‘s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Since our founding in 1998, Google has grown by leaps and bounds. From offering search in a single language we now offer dozens of products and services—including various forms of advertising and web applications for all kinds of tasks—in scores of languages. And starting from two computer science students in a university dorm room, we now have thousands of employees and offices around the world. A lot has changed since the first Google search engine appeared. But some things haven’t changed: our dedication to our users and our belief in the possibilities of the Internet itself.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Qualification in a Sub Saharan Africa jurisdiction.
- Experience working in a law firm or an in-house legal team.
- Experience in intellectual property, technology, or media law.
- Qualified lawyer with dual qualification in the US or UK and in another country in the Sub-Saharan African region.
- Experience advising clients across several jurisdictions in all aspects of commercial engagement and product development, including privacy, technology, security, IP, and consumer protection matters.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Ability to speak in English and French fluently and idiomatically.
- Interest in technology, relevant legal challenges, and recent developments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
As Associate Legal Counsel at Google, you will work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’ll be part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on will challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative — ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company and the world. As an integrated part of the team, you will proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As part of the Google regional Legal team, you will support a range of products and business areas within Google and will be working for clients in Google offices throughout Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) and the United States. You will be deeply involved and assist in product launches within the region and the management of litigation matters, demonstrating excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, a deep understanding of Google’s business, and the ability to think quickly, practically, and innovatively.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Advise cross-functional teams on legal issues and risks and internal policies and procedures from the initial stages of product development to, and beyond, launch.
- Develop experience in a range of Google products and build relationships with business clients and legal colleagues in our various international offices.
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations dealing with privacy, intellectual property, content regulation, consumer protection, and regulatory compliance across Sub Saharan Africa.
- Liaise effectively and collaboratively with multiple legal subject matter experts and cross-functional teams throughout Google.
- Manage a diverse and challenging workload with competing priorities and stakeholders. Respond promptly to a wide range of requests from Legal and Business colleagues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Google career website on careers.google.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE: