GAWASCO Job Vacancy For Finance and Administration Manager, Application Details
Garissa Water and Sewerage Company (GAWASCO) is an agency of County Government of Garissa mandated to distribute water and offer sanitation services in Garissa town and its environs.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for designing, planning and Coordinating all aspects of financial management, administration, Human resource and procurement at the institution and advice the Management and the Board on the institution’s financial plans.
Table of Contents
Finance and Administration Manager Job Responsibilities
- Design and develop financial policies and strategies and co-ordinates their effective implementation to ensure compliance and general review.
- Advise the Managing Director and the Board on effective ways of maintaining adequate liquidity to finance the operations of the institution.
- Design and manage the implementation of effective cash office systems for cashiering services, proper recording and billing and devise a mechanism of automating revenue collection.
- Supervise the preparation of payroll and payment of salaries ensuring that appropriate statutory deductions are made and remitted to respective authorities.
- Design and implement appropriate controls with regard to debt and credit management, assets management, tariffs, charge rates, and all tax matters of the institution.
- Guide, lead and manage the staff in the department.
- Co-ordinate, guide and assist the Heads of Departments in the preparation and evaluation of all departmental annual budgets to consolidate the same into the institution budget and create systems and procedures for monitoring performance against budget.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the preparation of Management and Financial information including the establishment and maintenance of effective control systems for preparation of Monthly, quarterly and year end management.
- To manage, in conjunction with the Managing Director, staff contracts and HR matters.
- Perform treasury management activities and manages the institution’s bank accounts, loans and other financial instruments and investment portfolio with a view to effective cash-flow management.
- To be responsible for the Company’s IT resources, maintaining and implementation
- Ensure provision of timely and high quality client services; Develop new innovations in service provision; Carry out customer surveys and propose improvements from feedback received;
- Liaise with the Treasury, Auditor General (Corporations) and parent Ministry for Coordination of financial and accounting matters.
- Prepare annual financial statements and forward to the National Audit Office.
- Custodian of the Company strategic plans. Follow up and monthly monitoring of the strategy implementation.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by Managing Director as required by exigencies from time to time.
Qualifications for the Finance and Administration Manager Job
- Degree in Finance or related course
- CPA (K) or its equivalent
- MBA in Finance, Accounting or Strategic Management is added advantage
- Over 5 years’ work experience with at least 2 years as a Finance Manager Experience
- Must have excellent understanding of the Kenyan water sector reforms
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Familiarity with Kenyan regulations and practices especially in finance & human resources
How to Apply
All applicants must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity by submitting clearance certificates from:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption commission (EACC)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
Interested candidates who fit the above criteria and are eligible to apply should send their application letter and updated CV in one document clearly marked the position you are applying for to The Chairman, Garissa Water Service Company, P.O Box 1088-70100, Garissa, Email address:email@example.com not later January 5, 2018. Hand delivered applications can be dropped at the Company Offices located along Lamu Road.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: