G4S Recruitment 2018 for Chief Accountant Kenya, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for G4S Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
G4S Recruitment 2018
G4S is the world’s leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. The group is active in more than 90 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with around 570,000 employees and the company has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S works to safeguard the welfare and prosperity of millions of people worldwide – helping to create safer and better environments in which people live and work.
Job Reference: G4S/TP/3707503/117523
Package Description: Basic Salary Medical Insurance Pension Scheme Group Life & Personal Accident Cover
Reporting to the Finance Controller, the Chief Accountant ensures delivery of all financial accounting objectives in line with the overall company goals, manage the members of staff in the department and ensure that the department meets its targets.
Responsibilities for the Chief Accountant Job
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Maintain the general ledger in accordance with IFRS for all transactions.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations covering the entire general ledger.
- Produce accounting reports and financial statements within the deadlines set by the Group and the various legal bodies.
- Plan and prepare annual audit of financial and management reports within specified schedules.
- Ensure optimal and smooth operation of the company’s accounting systems by continuously reviewing their operation and/or recommending additional functionalities.
- Financial Controls and Risk Management
- Check that the Group’s accounting procedures and principles are correctly applied in close cooperation with the Controlling department.
- Ensure adherence to all company internal controls, financial policies and procedures.
- Oversee the maintenance of a proper and functional data registry and filing system.
- Oversee the maintenance of fixed asset and other company registers.
- Tax Compliance
- Supervise and check the release of end-of-year local accounts, tax and legal statements.
- Ensure reliability of accounting and tax information by implementing appropriate procedures, checks and performance indicators.
- Ensure familiarity with accounting and tax regulations.
- Oversee the preparation of company’s tax returns and other statutory deductions.
- People Management
- Establish and monitor key staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Promote a high performance and continuous improvement culture that values learning and a commitment to quality.
Chief Accountant Job Qualification
- Degree in Finance and Accounting from a recognized University.
- Registered Member of ICPAK (CPA (K)) or internationally recognized professional accountancy body.
- Min 5 years’ relevant experience in financial & management accounting.
- Relevant experience in audit in a large / international audit firm would be an added advantage.
- Working experience with ERP systems would be an added advantage.
- Awareness of the marketing environment
- Delivering strategy
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Delivering performance
- Working with complexity
- Managing professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and Co-operating
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: