Friends College Kaimosi Job Vacancy 2018 for HR Officer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Friends College Kaimosi job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Friends College Kaimosi Job Vacancy 2018
Friends College Kaimosi (Institute of Research Science and Technology) is a Government TVET Institution located in Vihiga County, Western Region of Kenya. It seeks to recruit qualified personnel for the following positions;
The Human Resources Officer will report directly to the College Principal and work closely with the entire college management team.
Responsibilities for the Human Resource Officer Job
- Identify emerging HR needs of the organization and recommend changes in HR processes and procedures, in compliance with relevant Labour laws to facilitate Standard Operating Procedures within the college.
- Contribute to talent acquisition through the recruitment and management of staff (including selection & recruitment, preparation and administration of contracts, handling HR system actions, advising selected candidates on employment conditions, remuneration and related entitlements, on boarding and exiting)
- Coordinate on boarding for new staff joining FCK, including consultants, to ensure that relevant processes are followed and the conditions of terms of service are explained and understood by all new hires.
- Ensure all new staff data has been documented including PIN, NSSF and NHIF details.
- Provide assistance to staff by responding to HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to FCK employees.
- Review and compile a variety of data and reports on staff recruitment and selection, changes in staff composition (categories/contract types) and staffing levels to support analysis and reporting need in close collaboration with Principal and Finance Manager.
- Prepare and maintain organizational charts based on staffing statistics reports, closely monitoring and taking into account changes in structure and staffing levels in all academic and service departments.
- Prepare HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment records for all staff, out of office correspondences etc. ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Managing time and attendance of the staff and managing staff leave
- Contribute to staff wellness and a conducive, healthy working environment, through effective administration of employee relations- managing staff discipline and conflict resolution in collaboration with College Principal and departmental heads.
- Any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor.
Human Resource Officer Job Qualifications
- Served for at least 5 years cumulative experience in a Human Resource Office, three (3) of which must be in a learning institution.
- A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in the following Disciplines: Human Resources Management, Business management, Business Administration or any equivalent.
- Higher diploma in Human resource management.
- Be a registered member of the Institute of Human Resource Management of Kenya.
- Certificate of good conduct
- Leadership and supervisory skills
- Good people management skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- High Attention to details
- Flexible (Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work).
- Analytical thinking Skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
- High Integrity/Honesty
- Assertive and highly Independent minded
- Good Interpersonal skills, able to work well as part of a team.
How to Apply
A cover letter, a detailed CV and Salary expectations to be sent on or before 5.00pm, September 07, 2018 to [email protected] FCK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit.
- EXPLORE MORE: