Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancy 2019 for Senior Programme Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancy 2019
- Manage programme relationships with the SRO, policy colleagues and implementing partners across the region and CSSF network. Proactively build strong relationships with implementing partners in line with agreements and best practice stakeholder management to drive high quality performance and adherence to CSSF standards.
- Lead the effective financial management of projects to ensure VFM throughout programme cycle, including through accurate forecasting, asset management, timely payment of invoices/claims, and timely submission of financial reports in line with CSSF guidance; where necessary, challenge programme expenditure, making sure implementers are maximising the value of CSSF’s investment.
- Lead programme design and delivery, working with the programme SRO to review and agree project activity; advise the SRO and implementing partners on CSSF best practice, drawing on the expertise of colleagues across the CSSF network; make sure that all project activity is aligned with agreed strategic objectives.
- Oversee programme monitoring and evaluation, with the support of the Regional M&E Adviser, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of projects through liaison with our external M&E partners and regular engagement with implementing partners; make sure all project activity has SMART outputs.
- Oversee programme risk management, working with the programme SRO to coordinate risk management identify and manage risks to programme delivery; work with implementing partners to identify and measure the impact of specific risks, and agree mitigating actions;
- Corporate: line management one or more programme assistants; contribute to the effective management of the East Africa Team; where appropriate, represent the team and wider CSSF in partner meetings.
The East Africa CSSF Team is focused on delivering a programme which supports a more stable, secure, prosperous and better governed East Africa region, whose countries are better able to address their demographic, security and economic development challenges, thereby improving prosperity and reducing threats to the UK.
We do this by investing £11m (in 2017/18) to tackle conflict, instability and insecurity in four policy areas: Criminality, Security, Migration and CVE, alongside our HMG partners. In this role you will have the opportunity to shape the future direction of CSSF engagement across East Africa, working with colleagues across the region.
You will join a friendly and supportive team and benefit from regular engagement with senior colleagues who oversee our work. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced project manager looking to develop their programme management skills and make a difference to citizens in the UK and East Africa.
- Experience of ODA programme management including budget management skills, with a proven ability to manage complex relationships;
- An excellent command of written and spoken English, and be able to present complex ideas clearly in briefings and meetings.
- Willingness to travel regularly is a must.
- Experience of CSSF programme management
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: