Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancy 2018 for Social Secretary to the High Commissioner, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Foreign and Commonwealth Office job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancy 2018
The mail purpose of job:
This is an exciting opportunity to work in one of Nairobi’s biggest foreign missions, to develop the High Commissioner’s events essential in delivery of his core diplomacy. This involves formulation of guest lists, following up on responses and managing an up to date contacts database. It requires working closely with the High Commissioner, his Personal Assistant and Residence Manager to deliver these roles at a high standard.
The individual will need to be extremely efficient in managing events in a high pressured environment. S/he should have the ability to prioritize work and identify and apply new systems where needed.
S/he will also be required to be flexible with working hours and have an enthusiastic, energetic and creative personality.
Should also demonstrate skills in working well with others and the ability to engage with the High Commissioner’s high-level contacts.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Ensure the administration of all events is carried out to the highest standard.
- Liaise with the Residence Manager and various section leads of the High Commission as well as external contacts to develop plans for events to be hosted by the High Commissioner. This will also involve offering the necessary guidance on the protocol to be followed for any events that he will host.
- Co-ordinate and develop guest lists and programmes for events. This will involve advising the High Commissioner and section leads on the feasibility of proposed events, provide guidance on preparation of guest lists and programmes.
- Issue invitations on behalf of the High Commissioner and manage responses.
- Propose events for the High Commissioner to host, based on a deeper understanding of key contacts.
- Maintain the High Commissioner’s database of contacts; keeping it up to date with contact details and relevant notes.
- Prepare and maintain records of the Head of Mission’s representational activities and events.
- Project manage (with the Residence Manager), the annual Queen’s Birthday Party (QBP) celebration; the High Commission’s biggest annual event. This includes co-ordinating the activities of the committee, managing the collation of the guest list, managing the invitations and the overall co-ordination of the event.
- Brief the Internal Communications team on upcoming events to ensure appropriate media coverage where necessary.
- Assist the Personal Assitant to High Commissioner to manage correspondence e.g. sending our standard letters of reply for requests for donations and scholarships.
- Cultivate and maintain good working relationships and networks of contacts in government, other diplomatic missions and private sectors.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in PA work/administration.
- Ability to work and deliver in a high pressure environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organisation skills.
- Excellent IT skills (a working knowledge of MS Office is essential).
- Able to work under minimal supervision and deliver for senior-level individuals.
- Bachelor’s in Business Admistration, Management or other equivalent
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: