Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancies / Recruitment 2017, Application Details
The Furnishings Associate will be responsible for the safe delivery, collection and moving of furniture and accessories within the office and the large residential Estate. They will also be responsible for the cleaning of properties before a new tenant moves in and general upkeep and cleaning of the furnishings stores.Roles and responsibilities :
- Delivering of furniture and stationary around the BHC office, including setting up of meeting rooms as per Kenquiry details.
- Delivering, moving, arranging and cleaning of furniture for official residential properties. Ensuring that care is taken while moving furniture and white goods. At all times recording/bar coding items as and when they leave/return. Including recording delivery/removal notes at all times
- Deep cleaning and furnishing properties as per FCO guidance taking care of all H&S guidance.
- Preparation, delivery and collection of domestic float for both office and residences
- Routine maintenance of the furnishings stores and surrounding areas ensuring they are orderly, clean and free from hazards.
- Working as part of a team in preparing properties for occupation
- Reporting back to the furnishings supervisor any issues or items damaged missing from properties.
- Driving furniture canter and/or minibus with goods to BHC properties around Nairobi; taking care to ensure no damage is caused to the goods in transit.
- Update Pyramid and Kenquiry in the absence of the Furnishings supervisor.
- Assisting other teams in the Mission with any heavy lifting, moves on an as need basis
- Deputising for the furnishings supervisor on a rotational basis with other associates during periods of absence
Essential qualifications and experience
- KCSE Certificate
- Prior experience working in a warehouse
- Valid B C E Class Kenya Driving Licence with clean driving record
- Attention to detail and initiative, as well as good customer service skills
- Good team player skills
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Heavy lifting capability (up to 45Kg)
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancy : Estates Admin Officer
Main purpose of job:The Estates Administrative Officer will provide overall administrative support to the Estates team. The officer will in addition be the Health & Safety Officer for post ensure documentation is kept to ensure compliancy scores are maintained. The officer will share job assignments to the Furnishings Supervisor and support the Deputy Estates Manager on arrival and departure from post checks with UK Based officers.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Carry out monthly store spot checks for all stores at the BHC ensuring correct procedures have been followed and all paperwork corresponds.
- Carry out inspections of properties after the furnishings team has completed the cleaning and furnishing of properties ready for new occupant.
- Carry out departure from post checks for departing officers ensuring the officer is aware of their responsibilities before leaving post.
- Arranging for monthly meter readings with the utility companies
- Liaise with Deputy Estates manager on purchasing of new curtains/white goods/furniture for upcoming property refurbishments.
- Secretary to the BHC Health and Safety Committee
- Conduct health & safety checks of all properties prior to new occupants moving in and subsequent routine checks
- Conduct health & safety checks at the main office
- Supervising and spot checking external contractors ensuring they are fully compliant with health and safety best practice while on BHC premises.
- Collation and filing of all Health and Safety documentation ensuring readily available for any spot checks on compliance with standards
- Lead on Health and Safety messaging in the BHC raising awareness on H&S in the mission
- Brief all new staff arrivals (UKB and LE) on health and safety best practices
- Management of the Health & Safety budget
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
1 member of staff
Essential qualifications and experience
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Undergraduate degree/Diploma in Business Administration or Supply chain management
- Experience of Health & safety work, inventory/store management or administration
- Strong decision making skills and willingness to take initiative in own work
- Proficient in computers
- Fluent in English
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Estate management
- Accounting/Budget management
Application deadline – year
15 December 2017
How to Apply
Share this post with your Friends: