Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancies 2018 for Transport Planner
This is a busy job requiring a flexible approach to managing the work load, very good communication and interpersonal skills, and effective organisational and planning skills including accuracy and attention to detail.
The job holder will play an integral part in the transport department so must have proven ability to work within a team and have experience in the full range of Microsoft office.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
To work closely with the Transport Manager and team.
The main duties include:
- Receiving, recording and scheduling daily transport requests.
- Management of driver schedules optimizing working hours for greater efficiency of the section.
- Communicating and confirming requests to passengers of their travel time as well as all logistics details.
- Monthly reporting on various aspects of the section including overtime hours and number of monthly bookings, and transport concerns
- Developing and monitoring monthly driver’s roster schedule and coordinating drivers leave and off days.
- Undertaking switchboard duties on short breaks during lunchtimes or providing leave cover.
- Occasionally attending to visitors at Reception.
- Management of transport booking and preparation of daily transport program in consultation with Transport Manager.
- Coordinates all daily transport activities developing plans for handling special request or emergencies to ensure efficiency of operations.
- Analyze all aspects of BHC daily corporate logistics requirements to determine the most cost effective or efficient means to meet them
- Maintaining radio and phone contact with the drivers as a means of ensuring smooth flow of operations.
- Responsibility for maintaining customer feedback data on transport services.
- Provide and maintain good customer service and solve problems. As an integral part of the team ensure that customers are highly regarded and receive exceptional service.
- Be part of the visits teams and contribute to travel program development
- Advising the Transport manager on driver performance.
- Experience in rostering and scheduling;
- Microsoft office experience;
- Excellent command of English, written and spoken.
- Bachelors Degree
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: Latest MUSIC, VIDEOS, MOVIES & More