Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Vacancies 2018 for Programme Assistant
Main purpose of job:
To support the effective delivery of CSSF programmes; support programme managers to monitor, evaluate and report project expenditure in line with CSSF reporting requirements. Particular emphasis is on robust financial management and programme support by developing strong working relationships with programme stakeholders.
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?
- Financial management: support programme managers to oversee project expenditure; make sure that spend v forecast is accurately captured and reported in line with team and CSSF requirements; where necessary, challenge programme expenditure, making sure implementers are maximising the value of CSSF’s investment; process payments using the FCO administration programme PRISM.
- Administration: support programme managers with all aspects of programme management, such as organising logistics for programme-related workshops, meetings and travel arrangements, where appropriate.
- Risk Management: work with programme managers to identify and manage programmatic risks to programme delivery; work with implementers to identify and measure the impact of specific risks, and agree and implement mitigating actions; work with implementers to measure the impact of those mitigating actions, and, where necessary, escalate concerns to the appropriate level.
- Stakeholder management: work collaboratively with colleagues based across the Mission, region and wider CSSF network to support effective programme management; develop partner relationships which facilitate greater information sharing and improved outcomes for CSSF projects.
- Corporate: contribute to the effective management of the East Africa Team; share and store programme document/information in line with team guidelines; represent the team and wider CSSF in internal and external partner meetings.
This list is not exhaustive and responsibilities may change in response to business need, but staff will always be consulted beforehand.
The East Africa CSSF Team is focused on delivering a programme which supports a more stable, secure, prosperous and better governed East Africa region, whose countries are better able to address their demographic, security and economic development challenges, thereby improving prosperity and reducing threats to the UK. We do this by investing £11m (in 2017/18) to tackle conflict, instability and insecurity in four policy areas: Criminality, Security, Migration and CVE, alongside our HMG partners. In this role you will have the opportunity to shape the future direction of CSSF engagement across East Africa, working with colleagues across the region. You will join a friendly and supportive team and benefit from regular engagement with senior colleagues who oversee our work. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their programme management skills and make a difference to citizens in the UK and East Africa.
- Experience of project and management including budget management skills;
- Proven ability to track spend and report against milestones;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Be able to present complex ideas clearly in briefings and meetings.
- Willingness to travel in the region is a must.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE: