Foreign and Commonwealth Office Job Recruitment 2018 Furnishings Assistant, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Foreign and Commonwealth Office Recruitment 2018
Roles and responsibilities / what will the jobholder be expected to achieve?:
- Delivering of furniture and stationary around the British High Commission office, including setting up of meeting rooms as per Kenquiry (internal request system) details.
- Delivering, moving, arranging and cleaning of furniture for official residential properties. Ensuring that care is taken while moving furniture and white goods. At all times recording/bar coding items as and when they leave/return. Including recording delivery/removal notes at all times
- Deep cleaning and furnishing properties as per Foreign & Commonwealth Office guidance taking care of all H&S guidance.
- Preparation, delivery and collection of domestic float for both office and residences
- Routine maintenance of the furnishings stores and surrounding areas ensuring they are orderly, clean and free from hazards.
- Working as part of a team in preparing properties for occupation
- Reporting back to the furnishings supervisor any issues or items damaged missing from properties.
- Driving furniture canter and/or minibus with goods to BHC properties around Nairobi; taking care to ensure no damage is caused to the goods in transit.
- Update Pyramid and Kenquiry (internal request systems) in the absence of the Furnishings Team Leader.
- Assisting other teams in the Mission with any heavy lifting, moves on an as need basis
- Deputising for the Furnishings Team Leader on a rotational basis with other Furnishing Assistants during periods of absence
- KCSE Certificate
- Prior experience working in a warehouse
- Attention to detail and initiative, as well as good customer service skills
- Good team player skills
- Proficient written and spoken English
- Heavy lifting capability (up to 45Kg)
- Valid B C E Class Kenya Driving Licence with clean driving record
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: