Five Talents Africae Recruitment 2018 for Library Scientist, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Five Talents Africae Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Five Talents Africae Recruitment 2018
Our Client supporting Research and Exploration Institute in northern parts of Kenya is seeking to recruit a Library Scientist.
Applicants must be mature academicians, self-motivated, responsible and organized individuals.
Job Summary: This position will be responsible for managing learning materials, organising, managing, acquiring and distributing library resources and ensuring that the library provides all the needs of all its users.
This support extends to a wide variety of users such as academic departments, research institutes amongst others and thus requires the individual to have good knowledge in science related subjects.
Responsibilities for the Library Scientist Job
- Classify, maintain an efficient catalogue system, develop and select library resources
- Respond to readers enquiries
- Ensure that specialist computer applications and library systems are used to ensure effective service delivery to all users
- Manage staff from hiring, training, oversee their performance and supervision.
- Liaise with all stakeholders as well as staff of various institutions
- Conduct periodic audits of the information on file
- Manage the library’s budgets and resources
- Provide support for learning and independent research
- Assist readers to conduct literature searches electronically
- Promote the library’s resources to all users.
- Update electronic and library resources
- Ensure the library is well organised at all times
- Oversee the work of library staff and maintain a quiet environment
- Plan library events and teach users the functions and use of electronic databases
- Enforce fines for books that users have delayed to return
- Order and display new stock
Library Scientist Job Qualifications
- A Masters Degree in a Library Science or related subjects
- Bachelors degree in Information Management
- Strong database management with IT skills
- Excellent presentation, verbal, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- At least 5 years work experience with a good track record
How to Apply
If you are interested and meet the outlined Qualifications and Skills, send your CV with 3 referees and cover letter to [email protected] by Friday, 18th May, 2018.
Clearly indicate the position title on the subject line with current and expected salary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Client is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: