First Point Group Job Recruitment 2017 for Head Of Application Development, Application Details
An international technology company are looking to hire a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Mobile and Web Applications to join their expanding team in East Africa. As a Delivery Lead with a strong technical background in software development, you will be the key interface in supporting projects across Africa. You will have previous delivery lead experience with a focus on end-to-end Mobile and Web applications.
- Responsible for technical team to deliver technical and architectural solutions for their assigned domain portfolio under development. In this role, will participate in defining and delivering the systems, subsystems, and interfaces; validate technology assumptions; and evaluate alternatives.
- Responsible for all assigned Mobile and web delivery activities across Africa, point of escalation for all application support and development issues specific to their assigned domain and projects.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality solutions on time, fast time to market, on target, and within budget/low cost changes and solutions to create business value.
- Collaborate with development and Operation teams to align with business requirements for assigned projects
- Provide guidance to development team throughout all phases – backlog grooming, planning, estimation and demos.
- Provide input into architecting the hardware environment, services platform, application platform, and database. Work with Dev/Ops on managing the lower environments (DEV, QA, UAT, build servers, deployment, etc.)
- Participate in strategic planning initiatives for products and services, product road mapping, and tactical discussions.
- Responsible for selecting and hiring new developers & engineers, including other 3rd party resources as needed
- Work with architects and management to manage risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture.
- Work with IT security to regularly scan applications for vulnerabilities and remediate in a timely fashion
- Candidate must have experience in Mobile and Web Platforms, having ideally completed similar transitions / implementations/ migrations, operations management and solution delivery multiple across Operating Companies.
- Cross-functional collaboration with functions like Technology, Business, Sourcing, Finance and other stakeholders like partners and vendors.
- Participates in Vendor management and Vendor performance management for key IT application vendors. Follow up and evaluate vendor solutions and performance. Drive product roadmap with vendors.
- Driving BUs on Simplification & standardization principles and following reference architecture
- Lead the development and enforcement of development standards that allows for the maintainability of code in a manner that supports team development.
- Technical expertise in developing enterprise-wide software solutions
- Strong technical understanding of GSM network.
- Strong technical skills and experience on Linux, Java / J2EE, AJAX, CSS, HTML, XML and MS-SQL writing stored procedures and database schema design.
- Forward leaning and adaptive approach towards new technologies & trends (Digital/Cloud/Virtualization).
- Ability to code is a must
- Proven ability to influence decision makers and facilitate complex processes and decisions
- Have demonstrated a passion for delivering results, self-driven “get the job done”, pro-active
- Excellent communication, inter personal and coordination skills
- Fluent spoken and written English is a must
- Good understanding of cultural elements and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Thorough knowledge of current and future technology solutions for the Internet, hand held devices, personal computers and networks
- Strong technical skills on Java, HTML, XML and SQL/Oracle
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree (Engineering or Computer Science)
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in technology industry
- Experience in mobile and Web applications simplification and innovations.
- Experience in driving BUs towards simplification & standardization.
- Experience in design, planning and operations of IT systems and solutions
- Hands on experience in managing and delivering robust software and solutions for enterprise mobile and web applications
- Experience supporting mobile/web applications in a production environment
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: