Financial Sector Deepening Africa Recruitment 2018 for Chief Investment Officer, Application details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Financial Sector Deepening Africa Recruitment 2018 for Chief Investment Officer. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Financial Sector Deepening Africa Recruitment 2018
FSD Africa is a non-profit company, funded by the UK’s Department for International Development, which promotes financial sector development across sub-Saharan Africa. FSD Africa sees itself as a catalyst for change, working with partners to build financial markets that are robust, efficient and, above all, inclusive. It uses funding, research and technical expertise to identify market failures and strengthen the capacity of its partners to improve access to financial services and drive economic growth.
FSD Africa is also a regional platform. It fosters collaboration, best practice transfer, economies of scale and coherence between development agencies, donors, financial institutions, practitioners and government entities with a role in financial market development in sub-Saharan Africa. In particular, FSD Africa provides strategic and operational support to the FSD Network.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the existing pipeline and portfolio, refine the investment strategy, originate new investments, build a team and introduce the management systems needed to accommodate a major capital increase.
- The CIO will forge a close working relationship with CDC, the UK’sdevelopment finance institutions, as well as other UK government-funded investment-related programmes such as InfraCo, GuarantCo, AgDevCo and Trade Mark East Africa.
- Further develop and refine strategies that maximise complementarity with these programmes avoiding overlaps.
- Leverage his/her own relationships in the investment and/or development finance world so as to maximise possibilities for co-funding and building sustainability.
- Develop relationships with the other FSD programmes across Africa, where possible leveraging their market knowledge to support origination and due diligence activities and help with investment oversight.
- Stay true to FSDA’s mission of achieving systemic change in financial markets in SSA countries ensuring maximum coherence & integration with FSDA’s other market-building work, & working closely with colleagues across FSDA and the FSD Network, drawing on their experience & resources
- Support fund raising discussions with DFID, the CIO will work with FSDA’s Theory of Change and define a persuasive development impact narrative.
Background and qualifications
- Master’s degree in relevant field either; financial, business, law, economics, international relations or communications.
- 10 years experience in corporate finance, development finance or private equity
- Ability to work with donors/investors, manage and build strategic donor/investor relations
- Experience in donor relations and sound understanding of the donor financing landscape and processes.
- Adept in deal structuring and negotiation, valuation, financial modelling etc.
- Successful candidate will not be a “profit maximiser” by temperament but will instead be driven by the strongly-held belief that well-functioning financial markets can play a powerful role in transforming Africa’s economies and in improving livelihoods and economic opportunities for its people.
- Relevant African experience strongly preferred
For the detailed job description, visit our website at www.fsdafrica.org, the application deadline is 21 July 2018
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to FSD Africa career website on www.fsdafrica.org to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: