FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2018 for Data Coordinator III (Statistician), Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for FHI 360 job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
FHI 360 Job Vacancy 2018
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
Integrated Biological and Behavioral Surveillance Survey under the Linkages across the Continuum of HIV Services for Key Populations Affected by HIV (LINKAGES) Project. LINKAGES project goal is to accelerate the ability of governments and organizations working with key populations at risk of HIV to plan and implement services that reduce HIV transmission and extend the lives of those already living with HIV.
The Data Coordinator III (Statistician) will work directly under the supervision of the Senior Technical Officer, Research and will be in charge of all aspects of data analysis. S/he will develop an analysis plan ahead of time and initiate analysis as and when the data is cleaned and available.
- Lead the protocol review and modification as necessary pre-study, and during the study.
- Develop data analysis plan and analyse data using appropriate software and methods and advise on appropriate statistical techniques for data analysis and interpretation.
- Advise and perform appropriate queries from the database and assist in development of associated databases.
- Providing advice on sampling and frequently observing sampling process.
- Support the Data Coordinator II in actively interrogating data for discrepancies, errors, and missing data, in order to verify the accuracy and validity of the data.
- Reporting and liaising with Principal Investigators, Senior Technical Officer, Research and Data Coordinator II on the quality of the data and resolving any errors according to the study protocol.
- Liaising with Senior Technical Officer, Research and Data Coordinator II about data quality and missing data, verifying data accuracy and validity.
- Ensuring deadlines and project milestones relating to data and analyses are met, coordinating with other members of staff and external collaborators as necessary
- Monitor the study implementation process and adherence to protocol and methodologies as prescribed.
- Support the Senior Technical Officer, Research to generate manuscripts and reports for submission to IRB, donor and other stakeholders
- Ensuring deadlines and project milestones relating to data and analyses are met, coordinating with other members of staff and external collaborators as necessary.
- Scheduling and preparing reports of analyses for independent Data Monitoring Committees, Steering Committees, and publications.
- Discussing and interpreting results with colleagues and collaborators in the trial/study.
- Support the production of summary tables and graphics for interim and final analyses.
Minimum Requirement Standards:
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Environmental Health, Economics or any other related field with 3-5 years’ relevant experience
- Master’s degree required, preferably in Biostatistics or Statistics with 1-3 years’ relevant experience or PhD with 0-1 years relevant experience.
- Proficiency in statistical software e.g. SAS, SPSS, STATA, R, epi-info., Spreadsheets with 3-5 years’ experience with analysis of complex datasets highly desirable.
- Previous experience in epidemiological research studies.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: