FEMNET Job Vacancy 2019 for Grants Coordinator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for FEMNET Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
FEMNET Job Vacancy 2019
Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator Jobs, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Jobs, FEMNET Jobs, NGO Jobs
Overall Purpose of the Job
Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator – will be responsible for supporting the Regional Programme Manager and other staff particularly in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning and research to ensure effective and efficient project implementation. She/he will also lead the evaluation of activities during project implementation, develop tools, support sub-grantee CSOs and conduct monitoring visits as well as coordinate the MEL activities during the mid-term and end of project evaluation ensuring indicators are tracked, results are harvested.
- In collaboration with Regional Project manager, FEMNET M/E Officer and other colleagues, design and execute project monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems and tools
- Lead the planning and implementation of all project M&E activities
Working with the Coordinator and M&E team
- Design and implement Monitoring and Evaluation system in line with project logframe
- Design data collection tools to verify indicators identified in the project plan
- Develop and implement a plan for including project partners in the monitoring and evaluation of all project activities
- Ensure project reporting is reflected in target CSO’s systems and processes and that accurate output data is shared with the project team
- Develop and implement a Performance Monitoring Plan for the project and regularly identify planning and M&E Information requirements for the project
- Ensure the project has M&E Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines being followed during implementation
Working with the project team
- Support monitoring of all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output
- In collaboration with colleagues, recommend further improvement of the existing logical frame work.
- Plan and conduct a baseline and end-line survey for the project
- Assess the capacity needs in relevant project teams and partners in monitoring, evaluation and learning methods that measure outcome/impact at different levels;
- Support the design and lead training and other capacity building initiatives on monitoring and reporting systems for the project relevant partners.
- Support the project teams to record and analyse project performance and data
- Conducting an analysis on a quarterly basis and make recommendations to improve the project based on this analysis.
- Work with the Regional Project Coordinator to develop interim and final progress reports.
- Coordinate and support agreed M&E field/partner -CSO visits.
- Coordinate the periodic submission of data from partner CSOs
- Compile quarterly, bi-annual and Annual Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning reports for the project
- Review reports, audits and evaluations, identify learning opportunities based on identified problems, review solutions and identify how to feedback this information into programmes, training and capacity building;
- Document best practices and share them in different formats to ensure that others learn from them and adopt them where appropriate.
Support evidence-based decision making & Other duties
- Analyse monitoring and reporting data and communicate timely to relevant staff so that results of analysis inform project decision making
- Conduct quarterly project performance reviews with project staff and other stakeholders and monitor implementation of actions
- Prepare periodic project reports such as key performance indicator reports, donor quarterly reports, bi-annual and annual reporting requirements
- Support the Project Manager in preparing data for internal and external reports as required
- Perform any other duties that the Officer may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Tangible Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or any relevant discipline from a recognised university
- Have good and proven knowledge on different monitoring and evaluation frameworks and tracking tools.
- Experience in training others in monitoring and evaluation
- IS and IT competency, especially in using ERPs or any other software packages for design, data entry and analysis is added advantage.
- Master’s Degree in relevant field of study (Economics, Sociology, rural development, M and E) or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience in the development sector including specific monitoring and evaluation experience (M&E Systems and tools design and implementation, data collection, entry, analysis and reporting).
- Additional training in M&E and Experience in MEL system design and implementation;
- Experience previously working on EU projects in Monitoring and Evaluation or similar capacity.
- Fluency in written and spoken English with exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Other derivable and attributes
- Knowledge of relevant national, regional and international gender mainstreaming strategies and frameworks in the areas of gender and development, strengthening of institutional and operational capacities of CSOs, technology transfer, advocacy and campaigns.
- Result orientated, highly self-motivated and have demonstrated analytical skills and be able to work to meet strict deadlines.
- The successful candidate will thrive in a multi- cultural environment as part of a rapidly growing and developing organisation and be personally committed to FEMNET’s vision and mission.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their intent letter (not more than 2 pages responding to each major requirement), accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (not more than 3 pages including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: [email protected]. Please indicate the reference on the subject line as for position you are applying for e.g. Project Accountant – (Ref: PA/05/ 2019), Deadline for submission of applications is on 26th April, 2019.
- EXPLORE MORE: