FEMNET Job Vacancies 2018 NGO HR & Admin Assistant, Application Details
FEMNET is a pan-African regional women’s rights network that has been in existence since 1988 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women’s rights through delivery of critical information, and strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations.
To consolidate her work and move to the next level, FEMNET with financial support from Sida and other partners, is seeking to recruit suitable persons on a 3-year renewable full time contract in the following vacant positions to be based at the Secretariat in Nairobi – Kenya.
Ref: FNT-HRA 2018
Functionally Reports to: Finance HR and Admin. Manager
Overall Purpose of the Job: The organization needs a generalist who will perform a broad range of duties relating to Human Resources, Procurement, logistics and general administrative duties
- Supporting recruitment and training and development of staff and interns.
- Working together with programme, finance and admin staff to make sure that staff get paid correctly and on time.
- Handle pensions and benefits administration.
- Support in drafting job descriptions in line with established job design and applicable policies and generally accepted practices.
- Support actions geared at looking after the health, safety and welfare of all FEMNET staff.
- Support organization of staff training sessions and activities.
- Advising line managers and other employees on employment law and the employer’s own employment policies and procedures.
- Support the negotiation of salaries, contracts, working conditions or redundancy packages with staff and representatives.
- Support the procurement processes especially documentation of technical evaluation during staff and consultants’ recruitment, and bid analysis for procurement of goods and non-consultancy services.
- Support general administrative and logistics duties (booking of tickets, organization airport transfers, etc).
- Any other duties that might be assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher national diploma (HND) in a relevant subject such as HR management or any relevant discipline.
- Candidates with relevant apprenticeships, such as a higher apprenticeship in HR management may be considered
- A professional qualification in HR management and membership with recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a not-for-profit or similar set up for a degree holder and 5 years for higher diploma certificate holder
- Commercial awareness and effective organizational skills
- Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Basic numerical and IT and IS skills
Remuneration: will be in line with the organization’s set scales, which consider qualifications, experience, and delivery by a candidate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are requested to send to the Executive Director; their CVs with 3 referees (two of whom must be professional), salary expectations with a 1 page application cover letter explaining why they are best fit for the relevant position by email to: [email protected].
Please indicate the reference of the position you are applying for on the subject line e.g. Capacity Building Officer – (Ref: FNT-CBO 2018).
Deadline for submission of applications is on Monday 5th February, 2018.
Eligibility: The applicants for the positions of Finance Officer, Member Liaison Officer, HR and Admin Assistant must be Kenyan Nationals or persons with Kenyan work permits. The other two positions are open to African citizens.
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed, and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted, no telephone inquiries, canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: