Farm Concern International Job Vacancy 2018 for Intern Accounts Assistant, Application Detail
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Farm Concern International Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Farm Concern International Job Vacancy 2018
Farm Concern International, FCI, is an Africa-wide agri-market development agency specialized in; i) Value Chain Analysis, ii) Profitable Smallholder Commercialization and iii) Market Access iv) Capacity Development v) Enterprise Incubation & Graduation.
Our experiential journey spans over almost a decade and a half, with scaling up having been rolled out in over 24 countries in Africa, impacting 18 million smallholder farmers and agro-pastoralists.
Ref: FCI – HR-001-2018
1. Account payables
- Make payments to utilities and suppliers and maintain accounts for creditors
- Enter all transactions into the accounting system (ERP) identify the proper account codes for each transaction.
- Receive and process all invoices, expense reports and requests for payment.
- Process statutory deductions of NSSF, NHIF and PAYE and remit as per set timelines.
- Collect and verify timesheets, check for project codes and approvals.
- Verify expense reports and ensure timely payment of travel advances/settlement of expenses
- Ensure full verification and reconciliation of payables
2. Accounts Receivable
- Assist in the billing and invoicing of donors and partners
- Verify status of payments with clients and banks
- Ensure full verification and reconciliation of receivables
3. Cash Management and Banking
- Ensure that petty cash is managed efficiently and controls are observed
- Verify petty cash vouchers and field expenses
- Ensure full verification and reconciliation of bank statements
4. Audit, Annual Accounts and Tax Returns
- Assist with tax computations and tax returns for all categories of tax.
- Assist in financial and statutory reporting
- Act as a custodian of accounting records, ledgers, revenues and operating expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of the Fixed Asset Register and inventory control
- Assist in preparation of accounts and other documentation for external audit.
- Assist in internal audit process and compliance with administrative controls.
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times.
5. Project Support
- Assist in preparation of project budgets
- Provide project financial reports and statements to programme team as required
- Assist project managers in the financial management of projects
- Assist in the management of project assets
- A professional accounting qualification – CPA(K)
- At least one years’ experiences in accounting
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Packages (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and good report writing skills.
- High proficient with proven analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability in financial statements analysis with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Good written and spoken English & Kiswahili.
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
How to Apply
Applications including a detailed curriculum vitae and references should be sent to reach the [email protected] by 9th November, 2018 stating the reference code on the subject line.
The shortlisting will be ongoing as applications are received.
Farm Concern International is an Equal opportunity employer
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)