Farm Africa Vacancy 2019 for M & E Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Farm Africa Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Farm Africa Vacancy 2019
Farm Africa focuses on transforming agriculture. We help farmers to increase their harvests, protect the environment and sell their produce in thriving markets.
The M&EL officer, based in Kisumu, will form an integral part of Farm Africa’s Piloting Marketed Solutions to Aquaculture Development in Kenya. This is an 11-month project focusing on to test market-led solutions for production and market access constraints faced by pond farmers.
The project will increase the level and quality of fish production, markets and linkages within the aquaculture value chain. This innovative project builds on Farm Africa’s experience in developing the aquaculture industry to create a sustainable and accessible market for farmers to sell high quality produce. The area of intervention is Kisii, Vihiga, Kakamega and Nyamira.
Reporting to the Senior Project Officer, the M, E & L Officer is responsible for ensuring the consistent and high quality collection, use and reporting of project results data, throughout the project cycle.
The post holder will ensure that the project implements the appropriate M&E plans, based on the logical framework that is suitably updated to reflect changing situations and support the project team to use robust evidence of project results as a vital input to management decision making
This position requires a monitoring, evaluation and learning practitioner with at least 2 years experience of field level data collection, ideally within the agricultural sector working with stakeholders across the agricultural value chain.
The candidate will have demonstrable understanding of the monitoring systems and standards adopted by both international nongovernmental organisations and private sector companies. High competency in monitoring work planning, data collection, analysis, reporting and communication is essential to this role.
The M, E & L Officer will plan and implement the KMAP monitoring activities and will be responsible for the following:
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Planning
- Support the project team and Senior Project Officer in reviewing data collection tools to ensure accurate and consistent data is collected
- Work with the team to integrate M&E activities into project work plans for all relevant staff and stakeholders (including external partners)
Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Implementation
- Conduct data collecting, entry and cleaning of project data
- Training of data collection personnel on the data collection instruments, such as ODK, and data collection techniques
Project Quality Assurance
- Support the M&EL officer in reviewing monitoring reports to assess interim impacts and identify causes of potential bottlenecks in implementation
- Prepare and maintain the project database
- Liaise with the project team staff on reporting and data sharing
- Support the Senior Project Officer to use Farm Africa’s templates to compile monthly, quarterly and annual reports and work plans for submission to the Programmes Manager.
- Provide evidence and data for project donor progress reports as stipulated in the donor contracts
- Produce reports/articles and other information as requested by the SPO and Farm Africa management team
- To play an active role as a member of the Farm Africa team
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the SPO/ Farm Africa management team
- University degree in project monitoring and evaluation, Aquaculture, agribusiness management, agricultural Economics, or any related field.
- Training in Aquaculture
- Knowledge & practical experience of farmer participatory research
- At least 2 years of experience in M&E role Experience in designing tools and protocols for data collection, analysis and production of reports
- Experience in analyzing data using Excel Experience in analyzing data using any statistical software
- Knowledge of ODK and/or GIS software packages
- Familiarity with the Log frame approach to results based monitoring
- Experience in the aquaculture and fisheries industry
- Experience carrying out focus group discussions and using other qualitative tools for data collection
Skills & abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer literacy (including MS Office, Internet and email usage)
- Training skills and experience
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team
Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specializing in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
EXPERT. Deep expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
GROUNDED. Positive change starts with Africa’s people, so our experts work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
IMPACTFUL. We take a long-term view so we can deliver lasting changes for farmers and their families.
BOLD. We model innovative new approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements for this position, send your cover letter indicating the title of the position on the subject line and the expected salary along with an updated CV with email and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g. Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Please note this position is subject to donor approval.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: