FAO Job Vacancy 2019 for Value Chain and Business Development Specialist
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for FAO Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
FAO Job Vacancy 2019
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The post is located in the FAO Representation Office in Kenya.
The Value Chain and Business Development Specialist will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Kenya and Programme Coordinator; and direct supervision of the Sub Programme Team Leader – Inclusive Value Chains. The Value Chain & Business Development Specialist will be responsible for providing technical leadership to FAO Kenya’s work on youth and agribusiness under the project “reducing the adverse drivers of migration through local value chain development”. In addition to this role the specialist will also provide strategic advice and guidance on the design, development and implementation of an Inclusive Livestock Value Chain Program.
Agribusiness and Value Chain Development.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and pilot models for engagement of the youth in agribusiness.
- Oversee the assessment of selected value chains with a view of identifying opportunities for market driven production and coordinate the implementation of project activities on agri-business development.
- Identify training needs and design training-of-trainers and frontline training programmes in collaboration with project partners and service providers in aspects of market-oriented production, business management, marketing and value addition.
- Lead and coordinate agribusiness training for related youth groups including business development /enterprise management as well as financial literacy.
- Link youth groups and individual youth enterprises to markets.
- Strengthen producer organizations/small and medium agricultural enterprises/agricultural service providers through business incubation to foster entrepreneurship and value addition initiatives.
- Support resource mobilization for the implementation and potential scale up of the project.
- Contribute to periodic official reports according to project requirement/deadlines and donor related requests.
- In relation to Livestock, the incumbent will;
- Work with a team of Livestock professionals in designing a comprehensive Livestock Program.
- He/she will also support the resource mobilisation efforts for the Livestock sector.
- He/she will also support the implementation of value chain related initiatives in the Livestock sector.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics or a related field
- 8 – 10 years of relevant experience in providing advice and support to senior management within government.
- Working knowledge of English and Kiswahili
- National of Kenya
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous ImprovementTechnical/Functional Skills
- Extent and relevance of experience in agriculture-related emergency response and provision advice to high levels of government
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with the public sector
- Demonstrated ability to influence decision making
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team
- Experience and knowledge of FAO’s procedures is an advantage.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: