Table of Contents
FAO Job Vacancy 2019 for Local Innovation Facilitator
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for FAO Job Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The interregional Fall Armyworm coordination project, hosted by the Plant Production and Protection Division at FAO provides technical and organizational support to member countries on the sustainable management of the Fall Armyworm.
International consultants represent an important source of expertise for FAO, making their specialist contributions across the globe towards the achievement of the Organization’s strategic objectives. For FAO to be able to attract and employ the best possible experts in the wide range of technical areas of its mandate, a competitive selection process has been introduced. This process is intended to create a pool of candidates which can be called upon when their expertise is required, ensuring a transparent and rigorous selection process.
The Consultant will work under the overall supervision of the AGP Divisional Director and the direct supervision of the Principal Technical Coordinator.
The Consultant will work as part of a team to coordinate efforts, promote the collection of data as evidence base, publish and communicate results in line with FAO’s Strategic Framework
Tasks and responsibilities
In general, designated tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Organize and participate in external events (including field missions) in support of the delivery of the project’s programme of work, including consultation, training, capacity building and technical assistance.
- Identify farmers’ organizations, farmers’ groups, national researchers who are engaged in local innovations for sustainable FAW management.
- Design with participants trials to test local innovations.
- Develop work plans joining farmers’ groups with national research organizations.
- Oversee trials, data collection and other documentation.
- Compile results and work with participants to write results and lessons learned, document experiences via photos and videos, and work with the FAW Programme to develop a plan of communication of results.
- Establish and manage relations with relevant institutions, networks and platforms that could help FAO leverage its messages and advance global dialogue on various issues related to sustainable FAW management.
- Prepare and organize consultations and technical meetings
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, entomology, plant protection, agronomy or other fields related to food security and nutrition, policies and development studies.
- At least 15 years’ experience in one or more areas in the field of plant production, integrated pest management, local innovation and knowledge sharing facilitation.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other languages of the Organization (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian).
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in the field is desirable
- Extent and relevance of field experience in a technical area of assignment
- Extent and relevance of experience in providing policy advice at local, national, and regional levels
- Extent and relevance of knowledge in the implementation of international instruments related to a pertinent field of expertise
- Extent and relevance of experience in project/programme formulation and implementation of projects, programmes and studies in the pertinent field of expertise
- Extent and relevance of knowledge and understanding of the work of international organizations, regional entities and national governments
- Ability to support resource mobilization efforts
- Ability to organize and conduct technical meetings, conferences and workshops when applicable
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)