FAO Job Vacancy 2019 for Lands Office Assistant
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for FAO Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
FAO Job Vacancy 2019
Tasks and responsibilities
- Manage the FAO office and equipment in the Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning (MLPP).
- Facilitate correspondence between FAO, the Ministry of Lands and Physical Planning (MLPP) and the National Land Commission (NLC) ensuring timely response and feedback.
- Support stakeholder forums and inception workshops in various counties as required in support of administrative and operational activities of the land programme.
- Assist the Land Programme Manager in organising Project Steering Committee (PSC) meetings, i.e. invitations, production, distribution and filing of minutes and follow up on agreed actions.
- Support the Land Programme Manager in organising Donor Partners Group on Land (DPGL), i.e. invitations, production, distribution and filing of minutes and follow up on agreed actions.
- Follow up of implementation of LoAs with MLPP, NLC and other government institutions.
- Provide monthly briefs and highlights on key issues and developments in the land sector relevant to the land governance programme.
- Enhance communication with partners in collaboration with FAOKE communications team with regards to coverage of important events, missions and visibility for the Land programme.
- Assist in monitoring and reporting of the Land programme ensuring it is covered in government reporting.
- Perform other related duties assigned by FAO.
- Bachelor Degree in social sciences, communication, public relations or Diploma in relevant field with 5 years of experience;
- 3 years’ experience in Project management preferably in land governance;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili with good communication, analytical, presentation and reporting skills;
- National of Kenya.
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience and thorough familiarity with both the land and the forestry sector in the country and field levels
- Relevant field and research experience in rural Kenya related to both the land and forest field
- Proven ability to author both land and forest related reports or thesis
- Proven ability in development of project proposals related to natural resource management, preferably for the Kenyan context
- Previous experience work in NRM sector.
- Ability to plan work and deliver within deadlines without compromising standards
- Competency in the use of Computer Applications MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Experience with working with UN or development agencies at local or international level is an added advantage;
- Computer literacy of the Microsoft package including word, power point and excel ;
- Good judgment and ability to organize office work and prepare correspondence on own initiative;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment as a team member;
- Familiarity with Government of Kenya working procedures/protocols and FAO modus operandi will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: