Family Bank Job Vacancy For ICT PHP Programmer, Application Details
Design, code and implement computer programs for Family Bank; perform analysis and modification of existing programs and operations to meet the bank changing needs and to provide for system enhancements; write maintenance and user documentation to support programs; test and debug programs for accuracy and reliability; instruct program users in proper operation.
Station: Based at the Head Office.
Table of Contents
Responsibilities for the ICT PHP Programmer Job
- Confirms project requirements by reviewing program objective, input data, and output requirements with analyst, supervisor, and client.
- Arranges project requirements in programming sequence by analyzing requirements; preparing a work flow chart and diagram using knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, programming language, and logic.
- Codes project requirements.
- Programs the computer by entering coded information.
- Confirms program operation by conducting tests; modifying program sequence and/or codes.
- Prepares reference for users by writing operating instructions.
- Maintains historical records by documenting program development and revisions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Ensures operation of equipment by following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other duties assigned to you by Software Engineer.
ICT PHP Programmer Job Qualifications
Back End Skills
Three (3) years demonstrated PHP programming experience using Eclipse PDT including the following;
- PHP streams for URL access
- Use of PHP Sessions and associated state-information storage, e.g. serialization
- Manipulating XML via PHP
- Regular Expressions
- MySQL & PostGres database access using PDO
- Database Transaction Processing
- Configuration of Eclipse PDT via php.ini
MySQL& PostGres Database Management including;
- SQL query generation
- Creation of triggers
- Creation of stored procedures and functions
- Knowledge of PL/pgSQL
Working knowledge of Apache administration, e.g.
- Control access to files/directories
- Knowledge of mod rewrites and similar devices will be a definite asset
- Working knowledge of the overall LAMP/WAMP Stack, including installation and configuration.
Experience on both Windows and Linux environments.
Programmers with experience in the following will be at a definite advantage;
- TCP/IP programming experience
- Configuration of security settings on all elements of the LAMP stack
- Web Hosting configuration, e.g. DNS server settings, Email Server configuration, etc.
- Experience in programming a low level language such as C/C++ on both Windows and Linux
It is highly desirable that the candidate has participated in all cycles of Software Development from Design to Implementation, Maintenance (e.g. bug fixes), Enhancements to newer versions, Migrations between platforms, etc. Use of version control tools will be an added benefit.
Candidates are expected to be self-starters capable of working independently without the need for regular supervision.
Note that the work environment will often require the successful candidate to work extra hours outside the standard 8:00am to 5:00pm work hours, as dictated by factors such as deadlines for business presentations and volume of business demands.
- Results oriented with excellent communication and social skills.
- A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision.
- High integrity, reliable, outgoing and hardworking
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to visit https://188.8.131.52:5258/CVs/job_3/about.html for details then answer a questionnaire. The web page is a Family Bank web page, and so you can bypass any warning messages about the safety of the link. In addition you will be required to submit your application letter and CV to this web page by COB 19th January 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. “We are an equal opportunity employer”
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: