Family Bank Job Vacancy 2018 for Network Manager
Are you driven to build a reputation as a trusted IT leader? positive minded individual who fits the role profile captured below? There is an opportunity for ambitious, self-driven individuals to fill the above position.
Reporting to: Head of ICT
Responsible for establishing the bank-wide strategic direction for networking. As a member of the IT Leadership Team, this individual will establish goals and objectives for the Network and Communications Unit while directing the architecture, design, security and auditing of the data, voice and video network.
Lead and Develop a High Performing Technical Team
· Provide direction and mentoring to the talented team of Network and Communication Engineers who develop and build solutions using a variety of technologies
· Focus on individual and team performance/development planning and goal setting.
· Responsible for the activities of the team, leading change management and risk management efforts, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of the projects.
Collaboratively lead the development, management and implementation of the Bank’s networking strategy:
· Manage the design, installation, maintenance, and monitoring of Family Bank’s global networks, including all network routing and switching (Cisco Nexus core and related edge devices).
· Support and deploy technologies such as LAN, WAN, WLA Security and Application Delivery (F5) products
· Be a key constituent and team member for support and deployment of applications such as VOIP, video conferencing, and unified communication technologies.
· Serves as a member of the IT Leadership Team, collaborating with leaders and team members from across IT.
· Create and communicate key networking metrics to IT Senior Leadership Team.
Ensure Team Project Delivery and Drive Results
· Partnering with other technical managers, oversee planning, estimating, and project commitment date setting to ensure delivery and appropriate resource allocation.
· Manage project expectations, ensuring consistent execution and quality of delivery
· Drive critical project and product trade-off decisions
· Oversee network team’s change management processes and adherence to networking best practices and solutions
· Ensures network availability by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, good-put, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
· Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
· Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
· Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
· Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Support the following Family Bank systems:
- Contact Centre – AMEYO (CRM)
- Switchboard – Cisco
- Voice Gateways
- Call Managers
- Cisco ACS
- Cisco ICE
- Nexus switch 7k
- Nexus switch 2k
- Aggregation Router ASR
- Partner routers
- Internet Routers
- DMZ switch
- Branch Cisco Router
- Branch Cisco switch
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
Qualifications, Key Competencies & Attributes
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related area required.
· Minimum of five (5) years prior experience working with computer networking required.
Experience in the Financial Services industry and with a geographically distributed network of offices preferred.
· At least four (4) years of previous leadership experience required.
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a Cisco network architecture, engineering, and support role.
· A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in network design, implementation, and support of large Enterprise networks.
· CCNP Routing and Switching, CCNP Security, CCNP Collaboration, CCDP certification is required. CCSP and/or CCIE are an added advantage.
*Demonstrated extensive experience may be substituted for certification
· Hands on experience with Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE.
· Possess a thorough working knowledge of TCP/IP protocol function, Ethernet topology, advance routing protocol (i.e. BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP) and Cisco router and switch installation and configuration.
· Hands-on experience with VOIP, video conferencing, and unified communication technologies including Cisco Switchboard, E1 lines, PhoneXone, Voice Gateways, Call Managers
· Hands on experience with checkpoint firewalls. CCSA, CCSE, CCSM certifications are an added advantage.
· Experience with Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
· Proven experience managing a large and complex network
· Strong team building, teamwork and collaboration skills. Proven track record of developing solid working relationships with associates at all levels.
· Ability to think strategically and carry out a vision. Advanced skills in leadership, communication, and influence and conflict resolution.
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience while building strong relationships with leaders across the firm.
· Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal to no supervision
· Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of network infrastructure
· Strong safety record and a history of establishing safe work practices
How to Apply
ALL applicants MUST apply online to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org; closing date is Thursday 15th March 2018. Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“We are an equal opportunity employer”
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: