Evidence Action Job Recruitment 2018 for Assistant, Community Services
Community Service Assistant (CSA) position is primarily field based position which plays an important role as an interface between Dispensers for Safe Water and communities served with dispensers. This position ensures sufficient and uninterrupted supply of chlorine and service & maintenance of the installed chlorine dispensers. This in turn enables the community to successfully access and use the dispensers throughout for improved community health.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting dispensers hardware service and maintenance through regular spot checks to ensure proper functioning
- Installing chlorine dispensers whenever necessary, in line with the organization’s protocols/specifications and guidelines.
- Delivering chlorine to various chlorine dispensers located at water points by use of motorcycles.
- Ensure safe handling and accountability of chlorine and dispenser stocks in the store/office and to the designated sites.
- Proper Record Keeping by completing relevant forms/documents/records that are important in inventory
- Engaging the target community to promote dispenser usage and handle any/all possible challenges and report the same to supervisor.
- Collecting all field data for program assessment and accountability, by use of smartphones
- Maintaining good integrity and stewardship of the Organizational assets assigned to you for work execution
Key performance Indicators
- All assigned dispensers must remain functional in usable condition all the time.
- Maintain uninterrupted supply of chlorine to all assigned dispensers throughout the year.
- Maintain good rapport with target community, ensuring it is well engaged and embrace the chlorine dispensers and keep using these for improved health.
- Program data is collected within the provided guidelines and shared with supervisor for next action
- The dispenser empty rates and all noted/reported dispenser issues are addressed within the stated timelines.
- Minimum-KCSE graduate C- grade and at least a Certificate in communication, community work, Social work, project management or equivalent.
- Certificate in computer skills in MS office suit
- Stock management experience/qualifications is an added advantage
- 1-2 yrs experience working with communities or social enterprises/NGOs
- Motorcycle riding skills/experience with a valid driving license from a recognized driving school.
- The applicants should be fluent in English, Swahili and local language is A MUST
Required Competencies and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills and good public relations
- High level discipline and good character while engaging with the community and their leaders, program teams and managers.
- Community service attitude/ Passion to work in a rural community setting
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Team work. Embraces team work and aspires and supports the ideals of working in a team work environment as a team champion
- Good computer skills, data entry and management skills
- Attitude. Positive attitude to work and to develop in a fast paced work environment
Community Service Assistant (CSA) position is primarily field based position involving working in the field 90% of the time, maneuvering the rural setting terrain with chlorine loads on motorcycles, to distribute these to designated representatives at each chlorine dispenser.
This job involves carrying chlorine loads on motorcycles in rural areas, and thus requires good riding skills and experience as well as ability to lift the chlorine jerricans to and off the motorcycle on a regular basis.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: