European Union Job Vacancy 2018 for Office Support Agent – Protocol, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for European Union Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
European Union Job Vacancy 2018
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations.
Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Kenya is the diplomatic representation of the EU in Kenya, and analyses Kenya’s politics, economics, social, development and foreign policies and implements EU development assistance while promoting and defending the values and interests of the EU
We offer a post of Office Support Agent . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent – this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to the Administration Section under the supervision and responsibility of the relevant head of section.
The position is based in Nairobi for an unlimited duration subject to three months’ probation. As an indication, the monthly basic salary starts at KES. 110,687/- (subject to local tax law).
The position is open to nationals and residents of Kenya with a valid work permit (compulsory).
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Possess a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education [KCSE] (eligibility);
- Has a satisfactory knowledge of English;
- At least 5 years working experience in an Administration of which 3 years dealing strictly with Protocol matters in a Diplomatic Mission OR International Company/Organisation OR Government Office (eligibility);
- Excellent knowledge of Administrative/Protocol procedures in line with the Kenya Government regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of Kenya Customs and Protocol Procedures.
- Ability to deal helpfully and courteously with people.
- Good IT knowledge of MS Office and skills in document management (filing/archiving).
- Ability to develop and maintain effective network of contacts with various stakeholders.
- Good capacity to identify a problem and provide solution.
- Open, flexible personality; excellent ability to perform duties with accuracy within a given deadline.
- A high degree of integrity and the ability to deal with confidential information is required.
The following will be considered an asset:
A fluent knowledge of French;
How to Apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to Delegation-Kenya-Recruitment@eeas.europa.eu by 02 November 2018, 15H 00 and should have in the subject line “Office Support Agent (Protocol Matters)”.
The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV.
APPLICATIONS WHICH DO NOT MEET MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED
Only Short-listed Candidates will be contacted.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to the provided email address.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents.
The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 02 November 2018, 15H 0O
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: