European Investment Bank Recruitment 2018 for Energy Engineer, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for European Investment Bank Recruitment 2018. Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
European Investment Bank Recruitment 2018
The European Investment Bank (EIB) is the European Union’s bank. It works in support of EU development and economic co-operation policies by financing investment in both public and private sectors. The EIB is seeking to recruit for its Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya, an
This is a fulltime position, linked to the Cotonou Partnership
The term of this contract will run until 31st December 2020
As Energy Engineer you will assist in carrying out EIB investment loans and technical assistance operations in Sub-Saharan Africa, including West, Central, East and Southern Africa (excluding operations in the Republic of South Africa). You will have the opportunity to make a substantial contribution to the development, assessment and implementation of the wide range of EIB activities in the Region. You will work on Energy projects in the following sub-sectors: Electricity generation based on conventional power stations; Energy transmission/distribution networks; Renewable energy including wind, solar, geothermal, biomass and hydro; and Energy Efficiency.
The position is based in the EIB’s Regional Office in Nairobi, however, you must be prepared to travel extensively within Sub-Saharan Africa, and to other counties as needed. You will work within multi-disciplinary teams on the preparation, appraisal, implementation and monitoring of projects in accordance with EIB procedures. The appointment will include an initial training period in Luxembourg.
The Energy Engineer will report to the Head of Division in Luxembourg and will work under the daily guidance of the Head of Regional Officer for East Africa in Nairobi.
As Energy Engineer you will work across the whole project cycle, with a focus on implementation, monitoring and works completion stages, but also be involved in origination and structuring as well as project implementation advisory support and monitoring.
- Support EIB operational staff responsible for upstream business development, in particular vetting the eligibility of projects for EIB financing (including compliance with the EIB’s procurement requirements);
- Analyse the economic, financial, technical, social and environmental aspects of projects, including compliance with EU and EIB environmental, social, gender and procurement policies;
- Where appropriate, interact with project promoters, in close cooperation and with full involvement of the operational departments concerned; attend project progress meetings as required and prepare meeting reports;
- Monitor procurement processes on behalf of the EIB including assisting project promoters with the preparation and review of procurement-related documents;
- Monitor project implementation, including, where appropriate, coordination with other co-financiers;
- Assist project promoters with the compliance of reporting obligations towards the EIB
- Initiate, plan and manage Technical Assistance operations involving the services of external consultants;
- Where required, build and maintain relations with key external parties (e.g. Development Finance Institutions (DFIs), government representatives, local authorities, other institutions, etc.);
- Represent the EIB at national and regional events, for example regular sector meetings, conferences or meetings with DFIs.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- University degree in a relevant technical discipline; a post-graduate degree would be an advantage and a multidisciplinary background, including cost benefit analysis skills, would be an asset;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience with planning and implementation of energy projects; multi-country working experience and environmental would be an advantage;
- Experience with evaluating proposals to finance energy projects;
- Experience with the assessment of the environmental impact of energy projects would be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English; fluency in French would be an advantage.
- Good interpersonal, team-working and communication skills;
- Good analytical and reasoning skills, with capacity to provide sound judgement concerning the issues in his/her areas of responsibility;
- Clear and concise oral and written expression;
- Ability to operate in international environments; experience with other International Financing Institutions will be an advantage;
- Capacity to plan and organise his/her work and to coordinate with other team members;
- Results-oriented and capacity to work under pressure
- Achievement Drive: continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application and cover letter in English to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position is open to nationals of Kenya.
Deadline for applications: 22nd June 2018
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: