Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Job Vacancy 2018 for Secretary, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Job Vacancy 2018
The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) is established under Section 3 of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Act No. 22 of 2011, pursuant to Article 79 of the Constitution of Kenya.
The Mandate of the Commission is to combat and prevent corruption and economic crime in Kenya through law enforcement, preventive measures, public education and promotion of standards and best practices of integrity, ethics and anti-Corruption.
The Commission invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
Secretary to the Commission
The position of the Secretary to the Commission is established under Article 250 (12) of the Constitution, Section 16 (1) of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Act No. 22 of 2011.
The Secretary shall, in the performance of the functions and duties of office, be responsible to the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Secretary Job
- Chief Executive Officer of the Commission;
- Accounting officer of the Commission;
- Carrying out of the decisions of the Commission;
- Day-to-day administration and management of the affairs of the Commission;
- Supervision of employees.
In addition, the Secretary/Chief Executive Officer is expected to:
- Develop strategy for the Commission to ensure the achievement of the Commission’s mandate;
- Oversee prudent financial management in accordance with the Public Financial Management Act (PFM);
- Formulate and review guidelines and regulations that enforce legislations on anti—corruption and integrity;
- Oversee capacity development for the Commission in line with the Commission’s strategy;
- Promote collaboration/cooperation with other state organization, agencies, regional and international bodies in the prevention and investigation of corruption;
- Coordinate preparation and submission of statutory reports as per the law:
- Undertake such other duties as may be assigned by the Commission.
Secretary Job Requirements
For appointment as the Secretary / Chief Executive Officer of the Commission, a person must possess the following qualifications:
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Possess a post graduate degree from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Have at least ten years’ proven experience at management level;
- Have experience in any of the following fields: ethics and governance; law; public administration; leadership; economics; social studies; audit; accounting; fraud investigations; public relations and media; or religious studies or philosophy;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Terms and Conditions of Service
Duration of Contract: The successful applicant will be appointed for a six (6) year non-renewable term.
Remuneration: The Secretary to the Commission is a State Officer and shall serve on such terms and conditions as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
- Shortlisted candidates will be published in the newspapers and in the Commission’s website.
- The name of the successful candidate shall be forwarded to the National Assembly for approval in accordance with the provisions of Section 16 (1) of the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Act and Section 3 of the Public Appointments (Parliamentary Approval) Act No.33 of 2011.
- Before assuming office, the Secretary shall take and subscribe to the oath of office set out in the First Schedule of the EACC Act.
In addition to the qualifications set above, applicants must further obtain clearances from the following:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria should complete EACC Form 1 online from https://jobs.integrity.go.ke and attach copies of ID, CV, academic / professional certificates, clearances and testimonials.
All applications must be made online and will be acknowledged via an email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
To be considered, applications should be received not later than 30 October, 2018 at 5.00pm.
EACC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
Canvassing of any nature will lead to automatic disqualification
Archbishop (Rtd) Eliud Wabukala, EBS CHAIRPERSON
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: