Equity Bank Limited Job Vacancy For Enterprise Systems Administrator, Application Details
Reporting to the Enterprise Systems Manager, the Enterprise System Administrator will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. He/she will participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure, ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling internal and external customers. The successful candidate will be accountable for Linux and Windows systems infrastructure.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice
- Proficiency in installing, administering and troubleshooting Unix, Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems
- Knowledge of different server hardware form factors such as Frames, Blade systems and standalone
- Enterprise Storage Systems Administration
- Server Virtualization
- Server Networking Services/general understanding
- Knowledge on Disaster Recovery/High Availability/Backup mechanisms
- Knowledgeable in server resiliency mechanisms such clustering and load balancing
- Ability to suggest best practices in OS configuration for Application team.
- Sound knowledge in server hardening, and security.
- Should play an important role in analysing the application and suggesting the best practises for security.
- Recommend best practice to application and Business owners.
- Must have experience in documenting solutions tech docs, High Level Diagrams.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Systems Administration certification in Unix and Microsoft.
- 3 years system administration experience.
- Unix and Enterprise storage administration
- ITIL foundation certification is an added advantage
- Very high standards of integrity and confidentiality aligning with the organization’s core values
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Be customer centric and service oriented
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Culturally aware and adept at working across multiple geographies
- Available to work during the day and night
- Knowledge of English and/or Kiswahili
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends: