Equity Bank Job Vacancy 2018 for Head of Environmental and Social Risk Management, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Equity Bank Job Vacancy 2018 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Equity Bank Job Vacancy 2018
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading Banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern, inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and The DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to more than 10 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent.
The Role description
Equity Bank is seeking to recruit a head of Environmental and Social Risk Management to support its risk management function. The E&S Head shall be responsible for ensuring that environmental and social risk identification, assessment and monitoring are fully embedded into the bank’s credit decision-making process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Environmental and Social Risk review and appraisal of new transactions, including the identification of potential environmental and social risks, and impacts as well the development of action plans as appropriate
- Actively work with business units to ensure effective monitoring of obligors’ environmental and social risk performance, carry out regulator site visits in collaboration with the business units and flag any breaches
- Work with obligors in the implementation of agreed action plans. Together with business units, oversee the environmental and social performance of obligors and assist them in improving their E&S performance
- Where required, identify and oversee independent environmental and social consultants who will support the E&S risk management process
- Periodically review the bank’s Environmental and Social Risk Management Policy
- Work on the development/continuous improvement of E&S tools, checklists and guidelines to improve efficiency in project processing and enable improved management of environmental and social issues
- Conduct regular in-house environmental and social risk management training
- Work with the Chief Risk Officer/business units regularly and periodically review the overall E&S risks of Equity Bank’s entire portfolio
- Prepare periodical environmental and social risk management reports for different stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for adding value, related to environmental and social opportunities above and beyond risk management, as appropriate.
- Assist the business units in the identification of “green” and “social” investments
Desired Qualifications/Skills and Competencies
- Postgraduate Degree in a relevant discipline – Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Sustainable Development, Engineering and related fields
- 8-10 years of practical experience in Environmental and Social management and assessment; experience in working with a financial institution is desired and experience in sectors such as Agriculture and Agribusiness
- Experience and familiarity with the IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Guidelines is desired
- Strong analytical skills, ability to think strategically, analyse diverse information and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently, articulating issues and recommending solutions
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Knowledge and working experience in East Africa/Africa or other emerging markets
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise assignments, and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- A team player who can work as a member of multi-disciplinary teams
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Equity Bank Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
- HOT: How to Start a Blog and Make Money Online in Kenya in 2019 (Exclusive Guide)