EPZ Job Vacancy 2019 for Corporate Secretary & Manager
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for EPZ Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
EPZ Job Vacancy 2019
The job holder is responsible for ensuring the Authority functions effectively and operates within its mandate by providing Company secretarial services, governance, and overall legal advice to the Authority as provided under the EPZ Act, (CAP 517) of the Laws of Kenya and other relevant legislation.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develop work plans and budgets for the Department for approval
- Oversee the execution of the approved Department work plans and budgets
- Oversee performance management in the Department
- Prepare and submit all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for the Department
- Prepare draft board management papers for approval
- Identify training needs for the Department staff
- Participate in workforce planning and recruitment of staff within the Department
- Spearhead the development and review of the Authority’s strategic plan
- Identify the procurement needs of the Department
- Mentor and coach Departmental staff
- Participate in various committees in the Authority
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Advise Management and Board on all legal matters affecting the Authority.
- Facilitate the holding of Board and Board Committee Meetings including collecting, organizing and distributing information, documents or board papers required for such meetings.
- Ensure Board Committees are properly constituted and provided with clear terms of reference.
- Prepare Annual Board work plan, Board calendar for meetings, take and maintain minutes and communicate board resolutions and action areas for management to attend to Board decisions and resolutions.
- Continually review developments in corporate governance, facilitate proper induction of Board members into their roles and advise and assist them with respect to their duties and responsibilities.
- Provide advice to the Board on legal and governance matters.
- Provide legal advice to the Authority and Investors in the EPZ programme and give due interpretation to the provisions of the EPZ Act and other applicable legislation.
- Ensure safe custody of the Authority Seal and other vital legal records and documents including Land Titles and lease agreements.
- Oversee the drawing, designing and implementation of legal agreements and contracts in liaison with relevant divisions/departments at the Authority.
- Oversee the preparation and processing of legal opinions, legal notices and licensing of EPZ Enterprises.
- Oversee research on emerging legal issues and advise the Authority accordingly.
- Ensure proper representation for the Authority in Court and Arbitration proceedings and liaise with outsourced external Lawyers.
- Ensure the Authority complies with relevant regulatory and legal requirements as stipulated in the EPZ Act and all other applicable legislation.
- Monitor the performance of the department including the achievement of performance targets.
- Provide overall guidance, mentorship, motivation and supervision to staff in the department
- Master’s degree in Law or Social Sciences
- Bachelor’s degree in Law from a recognized institution of higher learning
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- Member of Law Society of Kenya with a current practicing certificate
- An advocate of High Court of Kenya
- Registered Certified Public Secretary by ICPSK with a current practicing certificate
- Leadership Course Lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized Institution
- 5 Day Corporate Governance Course
- Certificate in computer proficiency from a recognized institution; and
- Meets the provision of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Previous relevant work experience required
- Have nine (9) years’ relevant experience with three (3) years’ experience as Assistant Manager, Legal Services or a comparable position in the Public Service or reputable organization.
Minute writing skills
Attention to detail
Minimum basic salary Kshs 140,318.00 to Maximum basic salary Kshs 350,000.00
Total allowances 143,800.00
The successful candidate will enter a basic of Kshs 140,318.00.
How to Apply
Shortlisted candidates for interviews must fulfill the following requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
Clearance/Compliance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC).
Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence using the Job Application Form (the form can be downloaded from the “Notices” section on www.epzakenya.com ) and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonials, and National ID.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 7th May 2019 at Midnight East African time.
Export Processing Zone Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: