Energy 4 Impact Job Vacancy 2018 for Knowledge Management Specialist, Application Details
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for Energy 4 Impact Job Vacancy 2018Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Energy 4 Impact Job Vacancy 2018
Energy 4 Impact (E4I) is a non-profit company which seeks to alleviate poverty in sub-Saharan Africa through accelerated access to sustainable, renewable energy, particularly in off-grid areas. Supported by a small head office in London, most of our staff are based in our African country offices in Kenya (our regional HQ), Tanzania, Rwanda, and Senegal.
We support the development and growth of privately owned micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (mSMEs) which deliver renewable energy products and services to the poor, mainly in rural and peri-urban areas. We do this by advising mSMEs on commercial, financial and engineering matters, helping them to secure the resources they require, and running pilots on new products, business models and expansion into new markets.
Under the supervision of the Programmes Director, the successful candidate will lead E4I’s monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) team and will work closely with E4I’s knowledge management and dissemination specialist.
Working with the E4I Programmes, Communications, Business Development teams and the country offices, the successful candidate will support the delivery of E4I’s programmes through the adoption and continuous improvement of appropriate MEL tools and practices. They will also manage a small team of monitoring and evaluation officers.
MEL and knowledge management
- Lead on designing, developing and implementing MEL systems, including plans, frameworks, processes, targets, key performance indicators, and data collection tools for all the programmes and projects in the organization;
- Supervise the development of programme monitoring and reporting systems, tools, and templates in order to generate evidence-based data on the impact of programmes and promote the use of such data for decision-making;
- Support Programme Managers in the formulation of baseline measures, targets and results during programme implementation;
- Supervise field officers and other staff on the use of standard indicators, tools and forms and the integration of good MEL practices across programmes, making field visits where necessary;
- Develop research tools for conducting qualitative and quantitative surveys, and organise training for the use of such tools;
- Work closely with the Head of Communications in identifying, developing and disseminating the results of programmes eg key lessons, best practices, and success stories;
- Review the quality of existing social and economic data in E4I’s target programme areas, the data collection methods and the degree to which the data allows for results-based evaluation; and
- Keep abreast of the latest industry developments in MEL and network with other organizations for best practices and technical assistance.
Data analysis and database management
- Design and maintain programme databases to inform decision-making, enhance data quality assurance, identify trends, measure impact, and generally improve data analysis and learning;
- Ensure all relevant programme staff is able to utilize the databases to analyze programme data.
Develop tools for the field teams to feed data into the databases in a way that minimizes entry errors
- Validate data collected by identifying and fixing problems with data entry or integrity and ensuring regular synchronisation with field level data;
- Oversee data presentation and analysis (tables, charts, narratives, visuals) for programme work plans and reports, and other internal and external reporting requirements;
- Lead analysis of enterprise/business performance using programme data and produce reports on different economic growth variables such as sales, employment and profitability;
- Analyse patterns and trends in data to better understand the economics of providing support to small businesses eg cost per unit of result; and
- Provide ultimate sign off on E4I data and analysis.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Statistics, Economics, Business Management or other relevant analytical field.
- 3-5 years professional experience in complex data analysis, management, reporting and quality assurance.
- Experience in leading, coordinating and managing MEL systems for economic analysis of small businesses. Ideally you will have experience with social enterprises or private sector enterprises in developing countries.
- Experience in developing monitoring and evaluation systems and frameworks for international development programmes, including key performance indicators, data collection and analysis systems and tools.
- Good writing and presentation skills.
- Highly collaborative and able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Certified advanced excel skills. Ability to create excel-based tools using complex formulae, pivot tables, graphs etc.
- Strong skills in data analysis, statistics and presentations.
- Excellent English writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to produce high-quality briefs and reports.
- Good understanding of statistical software and data management.
- Ability to see patterns in data and understand the cause and effect.
- Detail-oriented and hard-working.
- Ability to work well in a team while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high competence.
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to communicate respectfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Good knowledge of French is an advantage.
- Experience with mainstreaming gender indicators into MEL plans/frameworks is an advantage.
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV plus a cover letter (in English) outlining how your knowledge, skills and experience match the job specification to [email protected] to reach us by latest 20th December 2018.
Energy 4 Impact is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
- EXPLORE MORE: