EGPAF Job Vacancy 2019 for Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Officer
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for EGPAF Job Vacancy 2019 Interested applicant(s) ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Table of Contents
EGPAF Job Vacancy 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 — nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking a MERL Officer for one of its global technical assistance projects under the Strategic Information and Evaluation (SI&E) Unit. This position is for the conduct of the monitoring and evaluation functions of the project.
- Develop/draft the M&E framework for the global project to ensure that it meets the donor requirements and maximizes evidence generation
- Implement efficient and logical data flow systems that build off of existing national data collection mechanisms and ensure timely gathering of project data
- Institute data quality assessments and other data quality assurance measures to ensure data collected for the global project are accurate and reliable
- Successfully collaborate with SI&E staff across a variety of EGPAF’s country programs and assist them in implementing M&E activities in line with the global project
- Design and execute data products for decision-making, including data dashboards and visualizations
- Assemble sub-studies and evaluations in line with the global project activities, from protocol writing to dissemination of final results of the evaluations
- Work closely with and collaborate with SI&E Officers, who provide core backstopping support to EGPAF’s country programs
- Participate in various tasks of the SI&E unit as per the guidance and direction from the SIE manager and the Senior Director of SIE
- Address all technical queries related to the global project
- Other duties as assigned
- MPH or equivalent advanced degree
- At least five years’ professional experience in HIV/AIDS program monitoring and evaluation at country or headquarter levels
- Willingness to travel up to 30% time
- Sound knowledge and experience of strategic information methodologies, tools, frameworks and a good understanding of the M&E related practical realities within sub-Saharan Africa
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities and projects working as part of a team
- Some experience in backstopping M&E of projects at headquarters level
- Proficiency in French and/or Portuguese will be a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Prior experience with monitoring and evaluations systems of PEPFAR and other major EGPAF donors, required.
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Officer:
- Team Building – Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.
How to Apply
- EXPLORE MORE:
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: